Issues faced with booking tickets over the Christmas weekend

Dear Customers,

The long weekend coupled with blockbuster movies and events like Avatar and 3 Idiots has caused an unprecedented load on our systems with web traffic that has been many multiples of our planned capacity. This has caused more than a blip in the BookMyShow systems, causing our regular customers to go through some serious inconvenience.  While we wish to thank you for your business, we also want to apologize for the trouble you had to go through.

Believe us when we say that this Christmas has not been as merry for us as we try to deal with this.

We have categorized the issues faced under 4 broad heads:

1.) Trouble logging onto www.bookmyshow.com and in.bookmyshow.com

2.) Net banking transactions: accounts being charged but confirmation not received

3.) Trouble completing your transactions

4.) Long wait times at the call center

Most of these issues faced were due to a grave underestimation of BookMyShow’s popularity. We have doubled our capacity and the systems seem to be a lot more stable now and look well equipped to handle more load, and our engineers are continuously working to enhance this further. We have done our best to fix all of the issues above and hopefully you will find the site more responsive and your transactions getting completed for you to go watch your favorite movie, play or event.

An important note:

For all customers that have been charged on their Net Banking/Debit card accounts and have not yet received a confirmation, please be assured that your charge will be refunded within 7 working days, into your account. We are sending out an SMS and an email to your account confirming the same today.

While we are completely overwhelmed by the amazing response BookMyShow has got from our customers, we apologize and request you to be patient with us so that we can continue to better our service, by offering you more movies, offers, events and a much better customer experience you have had over this weekend.

We wish you a very Happy New Year in advance and thank you for your support,

Product Team

PS: Should you have any comments / feedback we would want to hear from you write to us direct on bmsin.bookmyshow.com for all customer queries and immediate responses please continue to write to [email protected] or call (022) 39895050 and dial 5 and I am sure our customer support team will do their best to help you out

кредитные карты онлайн без справок о доходеоформить кредитную карту в приватбанке онлайноформление кредитной карты хоум кредит банкаонлайн заявка на кредитную карту по паспорту

Did you like this blog?*
How did you find this blog?*
What kind of articles would you like to read on the blog?*
Name:*
E-mail:*

1. Vasu

December 27, 2009 at 2:28 pm

No mail recieved yet. Infact mailed to BMS personally as well as on Twitter too. my 433 Rs have been deducted.

2. Vivek

December 28, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I have not received any confirmation through mail or sms yet.

3. Saurabh Singh

December 28, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Hello,

I tried booking for 2 tickets for ‘3 idiots’ movie at ‘TGIP’ mall for Friday (25th Dec’09) 2:55PM on 24th Dec’09.

I received a message on my mobile that the tickets have been booked by ID- AD TG0000764680.
    But after that your website window hanged, and I got an error message.
    I am not aware of the tickets have been booked or not, or whether my money is already deducted or not.
    Please help.

Regards,
    Saurabh
    09999016475

4. Harsha Vardhan

December 28, 2009 at 2:09 pm

This prompt post from BMS is greatly appreciated.
    I think this will increase the confidence of your customers on your transparent approach to such issues.

Keep it up!

5. Manoj Rawat

December 28, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I have tried to book tickects on 24th December 2009 for three idiots, but my account has been debited and tickets not got booked. Please help.

Regards
    Manoj
    9873078863

6. Nitesh

December 28, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Hi,

Not all theatres in Pune showing 3 -Idiots has been updated on your site for the week begining 28th December for example..Vishal E-square Pimpri ; Fame Cinemas -Akrudi

7. Abhishek Khandelwal

December 28, 2009 at 4:03 pm

I got an error message while booking my ticket on 26th December.My account has been debited and i have not received any money back till noW.Please let me know the status of my transaction.My transaction id is 134554871.Also the number given everwhere on your site for customer care does not exist.

8. Anil Kumar

December 28, 2009 at 4:03 pm

We understand this and thank you for you acknowledgement to the same. This fills our heart with more comfort to go ahead with BookMyShow.

Anil

9. Neeraj Arora

December 28, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I tried booking 3 Idiots.271 Rs deducted from my account and no information displayed about booking instead one error displayed 24001.

10. Atul Bhatnagar

December 28, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I have tried to book tickets on 28th December 2009 for Avatar 3D show on 30/12/2009 at TGIP, NOIDA 4.20 show, but my account has been debited and tickets not got booked.No transactiopn id was displayed and error message received. Please help.

11. nmkanitkar

December 28, 2009 at 4:48 pm

i have booked ticket . my a/c is debited . but i have not recd any confirmation. . pls. help

12. Tarun agarwal

December 28, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I have booked Ticket for Rmall Mulund 945 PM show , 28th dec but no confirmation and giving tech problems as -24001.Pls help as telehelp nos are taking a long time.

13. Santosh kumar thiruvanagiri

December 28, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Through http://www.bookmyshow.com, I tried to book tickets for Avatar 3D in IMAX hyderabad on 7th Jan , 4:30 PM show. I have booked 3 tickets and also made the payment throught ICICI net banking. That Transaction was succesfull. However after the transaction is done, it abruptly stopped at a screen which says Technical Error: -24001.

I gave email id while booking as [email protected] and the mobile number as “9963121676”.
    Please check this issue ASAP and do let me know your further course of action.

14. Pushkar Bavare

December 28, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Dear Sir,

I have tried booking the tickets for the show 3 idiots at Cinemax andheri (e), 31st December, 7.40 show, from your site for the second time.

The amount has been debited from my SBI online account. There was some error in booking the tickets. I have not received any confirmation from you about my booking on my mobile as well as on my email id.

Kindly credit my account with the amount i.e. 782.73 (Rupees Seven Hundred and Eighty Two and Paise Seventy Three) for my first transaction. My SBI ref. No. for which is IG14862532.

Kindly also credit my account with the amount i.e. 782.73 (Rupees Seven Hundred and Eighty Two and Paise Seventy Three) for my second transaction. My SBI ref. No. for which is IG14864548.

I trust your support.

Regards,
    Pushkar Bavare
    Advocate, High Court

15. Saurav Goel

December 28, 2009 at 5:02 pm

I have tried to book tickets on 28th December 2009 for Idiots at G3S cinemas at rohini but my account has been debited and tickets not got booked.No transactiopn id was displayed and error message received. Please help

16. Rajeev Sharma

December 28, 2009 at 5:07 pm

I have booked tickets on 28th December 2009 for 3 idiots show on 29/12/2009 at Fun cinemas, V3S Mall, Laxminagar, Delhi 7:00 PM show, but my account has been debited and tickets not got booked.No transaction id was displayed and error message received. It is not acceptable. Pls do the needful or repay my money back to me. This is the 4th time that i m in this jeopardy. My mobile No. is 9654631810. Thanx

17. BookMyShow Editor

December 28, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Dear All, the refund process is underway for those who’ve been unduly charged. Request you to pls allow upto 8 working days. Thank you for your co-operation.

18. vipsy

December 28, 2009 at 5:33 pm

your site outage ruined my weekend.
    I couldnt book tickets and go out as I relied on you. But good to see your quick update here. No issues, just refund my money.

19. Nitin Vaswani

December 28, 2009 at 5:54 pm

had booked tickets for Avtaar movie for 25th Dec 09 for The HUB, Goregaon……4 tickets : amount : Rs.866+

My phone no. is 9819391040. I understand from the note on your website that I shall receive a SMS re. the same TODAY…..but still there is no sign of it.
    Don’t you think instead of self-praising ownself on your sight so much, you should be getting on with the job itself?
    Websites do crash, but I don’t think there is an excuse for delay in relaying quick SMSes…..you should have FIRST communicated via SMS or email to customers who had a bad experience instead of writing poetry on your website.

IMP NOTE : your phone representative promised refund in 3 working days, and now you’ve made it 8?….I often wonder why technology requires instant debits for service but tends to slow down for refund credits!!!!!!!

20. Bhupesh Gajria

December 28, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I got 6 tickets of 3 Idiots booked from your site for 28th Dec 2009, 7:05 pm at BIG CINEMAS, Ansals, Vaishali. I was using ICICI net banking, the amount Rs 747.27 was debited from my account and i was directed back to your site where i got a technical error message 24001 and i did not get any confirmation on my mobile. So it is requested to kindly refund back the above said amount i.e Rs 747.27 to my account. The following are my details :-

Name : Bhupesh Gajria
    Account No : 003101506284,ICICI Bank

21. Sachin agrawal

December 28, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I had booked 2 tickets of 3 idiots movie in Delite cinems ( shoe time: 12 Pm, date 25 dec 09)> my booking id was DELT0000694906. But when i was on the mid way to catch the movie , i got a sms from BMS that all the show in Delite cimena has been cancelled & Rs for ticket will be refunded in yr a/c.

but this is not the solution . i suffered too much problem that days & have a problem in our family relation for the same. Also no money has been refunded so far.

sachin agrawal (9958092991)

22. Siddharth Goyal

December 28, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Hi

I faced the same problem(booked tickets, payment was made and then got no tickets) in the afternoon. Just talked to the customer care exec and he is telling me that my tickets never got booked and that my money will be refunded automatically to me and the same will reflect in my bank account in 2-3 days time.

regards
    Siddharth

23. Rohit Arora

December 28, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I tried TWICE to book tickets for “3 Idiots”, 12:45 PM at DT Cinemas, Vasant Kunj, Delhi. I made payment via ICICI net banking. The amount was Rs 1011.18. I want immediate refund for both of my transactions… Rohit

24. aritra

December 28, 2009 at 10:38 pm

hey !

had a movie date and it got kinda messed up becoz of non functioning that day. but u guys have saved my ass too many times to get mad for one glitch.

BMS is the best thing (after multiplex) to happen to movie lovers. the extra 15 rupee per ticket is totally worth it.

I watch movies every week almost, and believe me when i say people are going crazy over online ticketing. everyone comes with a BMS printout these days.

happy holidays!

@aritra_m

25. Haresh

December 29, 2009 at 2:18 am

Kalyan City Fame & Cinemax Bookings cant be done.some problem with site.contact admin.

26. Amar

December 29, 2009 at 9:26 am

booked 6 tkts for Avatar , while collecting from tkt counter, they said someone already got same seats, some server problem,send mail to bookmyshow.com, they will refund. I mailed u guys, now got mail today go n njoy the show. Where r tkts buddy. Plz refund me. Thanks!!!

27. Vivek Agarwal

December 29, 2009 at 10:27 am

Even i haven’t received any confirmation regarding the same.

Also the email id – bmsin.bookmyshow.com is not correct. The mail bounces on this address.

28. Vivek Agarwal

December 29, 2009 at 10:30 am

I received an email from bookmyshow yesterday(28th Dec) mentioning the transaction id(186941) for the tickets booked for Sunday(27th Dec).

Please refund the amt.

Regards
    Vivek

29. Ashok Vohra

December 29, 2009 at 10:39 am

Dear Sir,
    I have booked twice on 24.12.2009 and debited in my account rs.157.06 and 26.12.2009 5 times and debited Rs.1179.71. But i could not tickets.
    My Rs.8000/ has struck up in your system error. PPl return this amount ar earlist. Regards
    AshokVohra
    9818336627

30. Sukhpreet Singh Brar

December 29, 2009 at 10:53 am

I have booked 2 tickets for 3 Idiots at Wave Cinemas Noida with my ICICI Debit Card via Net Banking on 26.12.2009 at 8:00 Pm. Payment Details are as follows:

Payment ID : 0134550428
    Consumer Details : BOOKMYSHOW_MICI9126507742

My account had been debited (Approx. Rs.383.09)on the same day but no tickets were booked.Please refund my account at the earliest.I am not going to book my tickets from now on from BookmyShow.com.

Sukhpreet Brar
    Mobile : 9873108596

31. BookMyShow Editor

December 29, 2009 at 11:11 am

@Vivek Agarwal: Thanks, pls check it now
    @ All: We’re on it. Your patience is appreciated

32. BookMyShow Editor

December 29, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Dear customers, pls send your queries to [email protected] or 39895050 extn 5

33. Lalit

March 18, 2010 at 8:27 pm

This is with regards to the Complaint Ticket Id: 176165

This issue has been ongoing since Nov 29, 2009. BookMyShow (BMS) doesn’t respond in a timely manner.
    The issue:
    My credit card was charged the entire amount and the Rs 450.00 (Four Hundred Fifty only) discount hasn’t been applied. I had asked the BookMyShow representative who reserved my tickets to confirm this and was assured that the credit card had actually been charged 259.64.

Can you explain this discrepancy?
    The 16 digit voucher code was 8907917341483344 and was very much valid on the day it was used.
    ——————————
    I got a call Mr. Kapil Kirti today who is offering to sort this out of Rs. 450 being overcharged, by issuing me a Rs. 200 voucher.
    Is this how BMS is expecting to make money by fooling customers?

34. purnendu

November 28, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I have even faced the same problem.
    While booking 3tkts for harrypotter on 28th november(today). my transaction failed, didn’t even got mail or SMS but Rs.409 deducted from My SBI account.This is very poor service from BMS.

I have talked to customercare and then sent a mail to their mail id bookmyshow.com.
    Waiting for their response………

35. Nikhil

December 7, 2010 at 5:06 pm

I tried to book 2 tickets on 1st Dec 10, but transactions were unsuccessful…called up customer care of BMS and they told me that money will be refunded within 4 days…even mailed help desk regarding the issue…till now i haven’t received refund…

36. Nikhil

December 9, 2010 at 4:38 pm

want to inform you that i have got my refund…Thank a lot….

37. seksrandki

March 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I spent last 2 hours reading your posts ! And must say: awseome website ! !
    seks randki

38. Parabal

May 20, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I love blog.bookmyshow.com , bookmarked for future reference

buy legal steroids

39. Tren

May 20, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I like blog.bookmyshow.com , bookmarked for future reference

prohormones for sale