Quite often, we hear of celebrities wearing an Oscar de la Renta or a Gucci or an Elie Saab to a red carpet event. While we mere mortals know they are huge brands and cost a bomb, we do not know much about the designers behind these brands and the legacy that they carry.
Today, famous Lebanese designer Elie Saab will bring in his 52nd birthday. This self-taught fashion designer started sewing clothes for his sisters at the age of eight and digging his mothers closet for new laces. In 1981, he moved to Paris to study design, but returned to his hometown Beirut to open his first couture atelier at the age of 18, managing over a dozen employees. His talent was immediately recognized and his reputation crossed Beirut`s borders. In 1997, he became the first non-Italian to be a part of Italian Camera Nazionale della Moda. In 1998, Queen Rania of Jordan wore Elie Saab for her enthronement ceremony. He shot to instant fame when Halle Berry wore Elie Saab to the Oscars in 2002 when she won an award for Best Actress. From there on, Elie Saab became a rage at red carpet events. He is also a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture. Having 60 retail shops across the globe and his work being sold in 22 countries, his net worth is estimated at around $200 million.
The designer glorifies women through his dresses. His designs scream elegance, creating fairy tale designs for women with fine materials and delicate intricate embroideries. Bollywood is also a big fan of Elie Saab and his creations and is often seen sporting them at many red carpet events. So on his birthday today, we give you the times when Bollywood shone in Elie Saab.
1. Sonam Kapoor looked gorgeous each time she wore Elie Saab to Cannes.
2. With her red hair and her red Elie Saab gown, Katrina made everyone go red in envy.
3. Kangana looked chic on the cover of Vogue and L`Officiel, with her gorgeous hairdo, and of course, her Elie Saab outfits.
4. Elie Saab seems like a staple for Bollywood at Cannes and Aishwarya Rai looked her stunning in all his creations.
5. Athiya Shetty looked like a doll in this blush Elie Saab ensemble.
We wish Elie Saab a very happy birthday and great year ahead, so he can keep enchanting us with his lovely creations.