While most of us are enjoying the rains and this oh-so-cozy weather, there is someone who is definitely playing a spoilsport – yes, your frizzy and unmanageable monsoon hair. The high levels of humidity in the air this season do not allow your hair to be at their best behavior. Keeping this in mind, we suggest, why not be an optimist and turn this disadvantage in an opportunity. So here, we give you the perfect hairstyle to look great this monsoon season – space buns. Not only do they help tame your mane but also bring out that fun, vibrant school girl in you.
In case you are wondering what space buns really are, think Princess Leia. If you’re not a Star Wars fan, remember Rachel fulfilling Ross’ fantasy of Princess Leia in Friends. Space buns are somewhat inspired from those cinnamon buns that Princess Leia wore. And these buns were worn by celebrities like Gwen Stefani and Mel B. from the Spice Girls very often in the 90s. They have, however, made a comeback and celebrities today are sporting them quite often.
The best part about space buns is that they are very experimental – they can be worn in different ways with any outfit. They are very simple to wear and we promise, they will make you look very chic and out of this world – just as the name suggests. You can go from cute to funky – depending upon how you carry it. So here, take a look at the celebrities who wore space buns to different events and choose your look accordingly.
1. Miley Cyrus wore space buns to the MTV VMA awards and became one of the first people to bring this cult hairstyle back.
2. Well, this hairstyle is popular with men too, or must I say, boys. Harry Styles donned space buns to many of his concerts.
3. Ariana Grande looked super cute in her braided space buns.
4. The Kardashian sisters, Kylie Jenner and Kendall Jenner, definitely know how to give their outfit an edgy look with these buns.
5. Vanessa Hudgens looked gorgeous in these out-of-the-world buns.
6. These half-hair-down space buns gave Camilla Cabello (from the girl group Fifth Harmony) a stunning look.
7. With her hair pulled back, Katy Perry looked beautiful in these space buns.
8. Red hair, messy look, space buns and Rihanna! Simply wow!
9. Demi Lavato took her buns to the gym! Space buns, people!
10. Rita Ora pulls off space buns with the right amount of funk needed.
So girls, time to stand out of the crowd and look gorgeous.