A tale set in a land far away, where a princess awaits her true love’s kiss and a happily ever after that follows every time, here’s a story that probably runs along the same lines, but still manages to be different. Maleficent is her name, an amalgamation of magnificent and malevolent, perhaps. Angelina Jolie springs back to glory with her role as a kind fairy who is forced to turn into an evil witch, who shall only be appeased once she has sought her revenge. This film has no hero or a heroine, but a beautiful antagonist, who carries the film on her shoulders and horns with as much evil as the role would require. So much so, that a sudden change of heart may appall you to a certain extent. Sadism is the norm, possibly. When one revels in another’s misery.
More in Film Reviews
- Idhi Maa Prema Katha: Film Review – Promising Debut for Anchor Ravi and Meghana Lokesh
Verdict: A cute love story with nice dialogues. Idhi Maa Prema Katha marks the debut for leading pair Anchor Ravi and Meghana...December 15, 2017
- Journey of Bhangover: Film Review – What A Trip!
Verdict: A mix of hangover, music and a lot of comedy. Bhang – a delicacy of Northern India – is served...December 15, 2017
- Hard Kaur: Film Review – Think Twice Before Messing With A KAUR!
Verdict: An engaging second half makes this movie worth a watch. Being touted as the first Punjabi film based around women,...December 15, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Film Review – The Force Is Strong With This One
Verdict: The best of the franchise, the movie is. If you are a Star Wars fan you should skip to the...December 14, 2017
- Monsoon Shootout: Film Review – Not For The Faint-hearted
Verdict: Nawazuddin once again shows why he is one of the best actors in Bollywood. Nawazuddin Siddiqui played supporting characters for...December 14, 2017
- Ferdinand: Film Review – A Big Bull With A Bigger Heart
Verdict: An unconventional character done right. For a nation with a pacifist father like Mahatma Gandhi, Ferdinand is perfect to show...December 14, 2017
- Baranda: Film Review – An Entangling Tale of Human Relationships
Verdict: A one-time watch. Director Reshmi Mitra’s Baranda is based on the acclaimed novel Moti Nandi and deals with how the...December 11, 2017
- Sat Shri Akaal England: Film Review- A Fun-filled Family Entertainer
Verdict: Ammy Virk delivers another superior movie. Ammy Virk enjoys a success record like no one else. He has starred...December 8, 2017
- Richie: Film Review – Hold on to Your Seats as Nivin Pauly Delivers a Stellar Performance
Verdict: An interesting tale filled with suspense that keeps you on the edge. The most awaited "neo-noir crime drama" Richie starring...December 8, 2017