The current lifestyle we lead requires us to constantly be on our toes and have a competitive streak to emerge as a winner. Everyone is so busy running their day-day errands that we rarely get the time to hit the pause button and relax. Maybe that’s the inspiration behind the latest trend which is going viral on the internet: the #MannequinChallenge. Well, it’s nothing like the Ice Bucket Challenge, which was for a noble cause, but it looks like a lot of fun. Everyone from Hillary Clinton to Cristiano Ronaldo and even Beyoncé are taking up the challenge and posting videos on social media. So what is the Mannequin Challenge?
As the name implies, the challenge consists of a large, flash mob-esque group to stand completely still for a minute while someone films this entire scene, winding the camera through the whole area. So the idea is to stand motionless just like a, well, mannequin. "Are there any rules to this challenge?" you may ask. No official rules, except, of course, everyone in the frame should be absolutely still.
Many celebrities have participated in the craze and we are loving the wave it’s creating. Check out a few of our favorites.
- Hillary Clinton: Before the US presidential election results were out, in a bid to woo voters, she and her campaign team, very sportingly, took part in the viral trend and shared the video on her Twitter page with the caption ‘Don’t stand still. Vote today.
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) November 8, 2016
Michelle Obama: The ex-first lady had her best swag on in this Mannequin Challenge video. She is definitely not the one to be afraid to take part in the latest hashtag. We love her even more after watching this video of her freezing with the NBA Champions- Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Blac Chyna: Rob Kardashian and his partner Blac are the clear winners of this challenge. The couple and their loved ones froze to participate in the trend while Blac was in labor. We can only imagine how exciting it was. A very nervous-looking Kris Jenner is giving us the anxiety feels.
- Beyoncé: Destiny’s Child excited fans by reuniting in this cute video. Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams attempted what the internet is going gaga about and they were definitely successful in it. Bey is seen trying to catch a ball thrown by Williams while Rowland holds a blue balloon like a baseball bat.
- Victoria’s Secret: The perfect workout-inspo for all the lazy bums out there. We bet you would want to hit the gym after watching these sexy models holding intense work-out positions for so long it had to definitely hurt. Can’t. Take. Our. Eyes. Off
- Jacqueline Fernandez: Our Bollywood beauties aren’t far behind when it comes to challenges. Jackie was amongst the first B-town celebs to be a part of the Mannequin Challenge. Check out the video featuring Jacqueline getting ready for the camera and all the BTS gung-ho.
Sonakshi Sinha: The latest actor to join in the challenge is the fearless Sona. She is busy promoting her next film, which is all set to release this week, and shot this video during promotions along with her co-star, hottie John Abraham. The team is seen flabbergasted at the stunts the two actors are performing. Way to go, girl.
Have you thought of your Mannequin challenge pose yet? Tell us in the comments below.