He’s got the style, the charisma and a the substance. He featured in the Forbes India’s Top 100 Celebrities list for the year 2014. He is an actor whose films open with a bumper opening at the box office. The actor we’re talking about is one of Kollywood’s most popular stars, Ajith Kumar. Born to Mohini and Subramaniam, Ajith was born in Secundrabad and raised in Chennai. The actor began appearing in minor roles in films and didn’t quite get the attention from the audience. However he got his big break with the film Kadhal Kottai, and since then, there has been no looking back. On the occasion of his birthday, we bring you some lesser known facts about the actor.
1. Ajith started his career as a child artist with the film En Veedu En Kannavar (1990). Don’t believe us? We have proof:
2. Ajith is one among the few Indians who have taken part in the FIA Formula Two Championship. Ajith is also known for performing his own bike and car stunts.
3. Ullaasam featured Ajith and Vikram in lead roles and was produced by Amitabh Bachchan’s enterprise, ABCL. It is interesting to note that the film featured Vikram, who was Ajith’s dubbing artist for his first few films.
4. Born to Sindhi mother (from Kolkata) and a Keralite father, Ajith began speaking Tamil only after entering films. That’s a surprise, isn’t it?
5. He also has a trust named Mohini-Mani Foundation (his parents’ names), which aims at promoting self-hygiene and civic consciousness and to help ease the problems of the urban sprawl.
Happy birthday, Ajith Kumar. Keep entertaining us. Thank you for making us believe in the term ‘KISS’ policy, which stands for – “‘Keep It Simple, Stupid! We hope his fans agree with us.