Movies are the biggest source of mass communication and entertainment. We all love to watch movies and we have our different reasons. Some watch it for the story, some for their favorite artist or you’re bored and just want to kill time. Whatever the reason, we’ve all had our moments while watching flicks and some leave a mark on us. We tend to watch them whenever they’re on TV and never get bored of it. Have you ever thought how long it has been since you watched your 1st Hrithik Roshan movie? It’s been 15 years since our very own Indian superhero appeared on the Bollywood scene. Feeling old already? Here are 7 movies that will make you realize how quickly time flies.
1. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) – This movie was a huge hit back then and is still a favorite. The love-story of Rahul and Anjali was trending. Remember watching it? It’s been 15 years since the movie released. That’s a decade and a half. It’s been so long that Rahul’s daughter in that movie has grown up, gained or lost a few kilos and starred in a teenage movie.
2. Home Alone (1990) – Kevin, that blonde little boy was like our superhero back then. Fighting with goons and surviving on his own. It was probably the cutest movie made, 25 years ago. Yes, that’s right. It’s been 25 years since the movie released and you wouldn’t want to know where little Kevin is now.
3. Lagaan (2001) – Being the cricket crazy nation that we are, this movie had a great impact on Indian cinema. Mr.Perfectionist took our nation’s favorite sport and added a bit of patriotism and freedom fighter feel to it. Since then, he’s become an engineering student, flaunted off his perfectly formed 8 pack abs, hosted a TV show for mass awareness and still hasn’t appeared in an award show. 14 glorious years and we still feel nervous during the last ball.
4. Baby’s Day Out (1994) – Remember watching this movie and falling in love with that amazing ape? We all loved the tour of NYC that the little baby gave us. Full of adventure and excitement. Funny thing, that baby would be legal enough to have his own baby now.
5. Taare Zameen Par (2007) – Feels like yesterday when we saw a new kid come in with teeth that wouldn’t stay in his mouth. Another movie which gave out a social message to the masses in a fun way. I remember my parents were in tears during the end. That little kid is 18 now and it’s been 8 years since the release.
6. The Matrix (1999) – Hello Future. This is the movie that made us dream and imagine how the future would be. Well, here we are, in the future looking back at how old the movie is. Bet they didn’t see this coming 16 years ago.
7. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) – Our list would be incomplete without DDLJ. This movie truly lives up to the saying “Old is gold”. This is the film Indian cinema boasts of and why not? It’s a classic. People can watch it over and over again and still get mesmerized. One thing we don’t realize is that this movie is OLD. It is really old, thanks to Maratha Mandir who reminded us.
So there it is, movies we all love and never get bored watching. They have always been our favorites. One thing we tend to forget is how old they are and likewise, how old we are. Don’t let this put you down, keep watching movies and grow old with them.