After the incredible success of Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Kabir Khan is back with the first look of Phantom. The movie stars Katrina Kaif and Saif Ali Khan and is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. This is the third time Katrina is teaming up with Kabir Khan, after Ek Tha Tiger and New York. The movie is a counter-terrorism drama and is based on the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai. It is said to have been inspired by Hussain Zaidi’s novel ‘Mumbai Avengers’. With the tagline, "A story you wish were true", it sure promises to be an interesting watch.
The first look of the film was released on Thursday night and it has created a stir. Katrina Kaif and Saif Ali Khan are blind-folded with the tricolour, and Taj Mahal Hotel is burning in the background.
5 Quick Facts about #Phantom
1. Before being titled Phantom, the movie was working under the title "Daniyal Khan".
2. 10% of the movie has been shot in Beirut, Lebanon.
3. Katrina and Saif have performed action scenes and have learned Kurdish and Arabic for their roles.
4. The realistic sets of the film created confusion, and on the first day of the shoot, the Lebanese army began circling planes over the set. But it was all soon sorted out, and shooting resumed.
5. A shot of a Syrian refugee camp involves 400 locals of Lebanon acting as rebel militia.
The trailer of Phantom will be out on Saturday, 25th July, and the movie is scheduled for a 28th August release.