2018 has been a year filled with moolah for Bollywood. Padmaavat, Baaghi 2, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety, and Raid have been the highlights of the first quarter of 2018. With Alia Bhatt’s Raazi making waves at the box office, we’re sure the winning streak will continue.
1. Padmaavat remains the highest grosser, so far, it earned ₹284 crores and is still running in theatres. It collected ₹18 crores on its first day. It still remains the first weekend i.e ₹75 crores. Made on the lavish budget of ₹215 crores.
2. Baaghi 2 surpassed the first day collections of Padmaavat by earning ₹25 crores. It went ahead to mint ₹160 crores at the box office so far. The film was made on a budget of ₹59 crores.
3. Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety was a surprise package and the most profitable too. The Kartik Aryan starrer earned ₹25 crores in the first weekend and went on to mint ₹100 crores. It was made on a budget of ₹37 crores and is still minting moolah at the box office after having reached ₹100 crores recently.
4. Raid earned ₹97 crores and is the 4th highest grosser of 2018. Although it minted only 9 crores on the first day. It was made on a budget of ₹72 crores.
5. Padman, the Akshay Kumar starrer is the 5th highest grosser of the year by earning ₹78 crores at the Box Office. Given that it was made on the budget of ₹76 crores.
6. Hichki, Rani Mukherji’s return to the screen after Mardaani has earned ₹46.1 crores till now, it is still running in theaters. Made on a mere budget of ₹20 crores, it has earned double the budget.
7. Pari, the Anushka Sharma starrer earned only ₹27.5 crores. It has recovered its budget ₹20 crores.
8. October, the meditative film starring Varun Dhawan earned ₹23 crores till now. It hasn’t recovered the budget i.e ₹35 crores.
9. Hate Story IV, the debut of television actor Karan Wahi was made on a budget of ₹17 crores. The movie recovered the budget by collecting ₹19.6 crores.
Alia Bhatt starrer Raazi that released on 11th of May has already surpassed the lifetime collections of a lot of films in the first week itself by earning ₹56.59 crores.
It is the 3rd highest opening in 2018 and it also surpasses Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’s first-weekend collection.
We hope the rest of the year is filled with good content along with great amounts of moolah at the Box Office.