One of the most beautiful faces in Bollywood and Ranbir Kapoor’s ladylove, Katrina Kaif has evolved as an actress in the Hindi film industry. Her sense of style has been widely appreciated, not just in India but across the globe. Katrina’s Bollywood career may not have started off with a bang, but the sizzling diva certainly made up for it as time passed. With films like Namastey London, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, etc. Kaif has shown her versatility as an actress. As the glamorous actress turns 32 today, here are some of the lesser-known facts about her!
1. Katrina Kaif made her Bollywood debut with the 2003 Kaizad Gustad film, Boom. However, the film wasn’t supposed to be Kaif’s debut. She was reportedly cast by Mahesh Bhatt as the lead actress for his film, Saaya. She was then replaced by Tara Sharma because of her diction problems.
2. Katrina has also done a few regional films in the South. Apparently, she charged a whopping amount of 75 lakhs for her 2004 Telugu film, Malliswari. She was the highest paid actress in South India at that point.
3. Out of the 20-plus films she has done so far, Katrina has acted alongside Akshay Kumar in six of them, the most opposite any actor.
4. Katrina is the first Bollywood actress to have a Barbie doll named after her.
5. The actress has been traveling across the globe since her childhood. She was born in Hong Kong, lived in Hawaii for many years, before settling down in London and finally landing in Mumbai. Katrina has traveled to China, France, Switzerland and other European countries, owing to her mother’s philanthropic activities.
Here’s wishing you a fabulous birthday, Kat!