"Tum prince ho? Tum bilkul prince nahi lagte," says the vivacious Mili Chakraborty, a physiotherapist by profession, a royal misfit by chance. A little clumsy, she totally adores taking selfies. Mili has a knack for everything bright and happy. You will always find her dressed in bright jazzy colors, quirky prints, which also include a yellow pair of socks with big smiley faces. Mili’s life gets a royal twist when she is sent to Rajasthan to treat the paraplegic Shekhar Rathore, Raja of Sambalgarh.
[slider id=’42986′ name=’Sonam Kapoor’]
Shashanka Ghosh, who gave us films like Quick Gun Murugan (2009), Mumbai Cutting (2010) and Amir (2008) is all set to give us a slice of a commercial film with Khoobsurat. Bollywood’s effervescent diva, Sonam Kapoor, will be seen in the title role of Dr. Mili Chakraborty. If you are wondering who the Prince Charming is, girls, you can drool some more on the chiseled Fawad Khan, who plays the role of Yuvraj Singh Rathore.
Khoobsurat is inspired from Hirshikesh Mukherjee’s 1980 cult-comedy of the same name, with Rekha in the lead role. In the original film, Anju, played by Rekha was a misfit in her sister’s family, controlled by Dina Pathak. In the tweaked version of the film, Sonam Kapoor is a misfit in the royal family. The film also stars Ratna Pathak Shah, Kirron Kher and Aamir Raza Husain.
What to expect from the film?
- In the film, Sonam embraces bright and bold hues. From shocking pink to juicy yellow socks, the diva carries off the wackiest of costumes with much elan. If only we had access to Sonam Kapoor’s wardrobe *sigh*! Not sure about the film, but we will definitely get some serious fashion pointers from Dr. Mili Chakraborty.
- Ratna Pathak Shah as Nirmala Devi Rathore – If you are a fan of Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai, you will enjoy Khoobsurat. As it promises truckloads of puns and sarcasm. Remember Maya Sarabhai. We never forgot her to remember her to begin with.
- Did you secretly always want to watch an Indian version of Princess Diaries? Wish granted. Khoobsurat might remind you of the Anne Hathaway film. Accidental princess? Oh, we love it!
- Love Disney romances? Being Disney India’s first Hindi film, Khoobsurat promises a lot of romance, songs, dances and also a Prince Charming.
- When talking about songs and dance, we can never leave out Yo Yo Honey Singh. So folks, you can expect another party number from the party mogul. *a squeal with excitement*!
This royal romance is slated to release on September 19. Check out the trailer below: