Indian cinema witnessed an epic film in 2015 that gained the attention of not just the regional audience but also movie lovers around the world. Guessed the movie yet? Indeed, it is director S. S. Rajamouli’s magnum-opus film, Baahubali: The Beginning. Not only did it put the director in a spotlight, it brought recognition to the actors as well. Prabhas and Rana Daggubati, who played key characters in the film, became well-known figures. The Bollywood and Kollywood audience had already seen Rana Daggubati in films like Dum Maaro Dum (Hindi), Arrambam (Tamil). Prabhas who played Baahubali/Shivudu too impressed one and all with his regal screen-presence and the conviction with which he essayed the role. On Prabhas’ birthday, we give you some lesser known facts about the actor:
1. Baahubali wasn’t the first film the Hindi audience saw Prabhas in. The actor appeared in director Prabhu Deva’s 2014 film, Action Jackson. He featured in a dance number, alongside Sonakshi Sinha.
2. Prabhas is often addressed as ‘darling‘, especially after his appearance in the 2010 film of the same name.
3. He is the nephew of Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju, who is otherwise known as Rebel Star, for his unique acting style.
4. Although rumor had it that Hrithik Roshan was considered for the role of Baahubali, S. S. Rajamouli denied it. In an interview, the director of the film revealed that Prabhas was the first and only choice for the film. The actor dedicated three years solely to this project. There’s commitment for you.
5. He injured his shoulder on the sets of Baahubali: The Beginning. During the filming of some crucial action sequences that included horse riding and sword fighting, Prabhas met with an injury. The actor didn’t let it affect his work though. He resumed work after a shoulder surgery.
6. Although it has never been publicly announced, it is reported that Prabhas runs NGOs and charitable trusts. Reliable sources also suggest that he often offers financial assistance to the Mogalturu Village in Andhra Pradesh.