Dheena, Ghajini, 7am Arivu and Thuppaki director, Murgadoss urges to be different in every film. He casts popular heroes and turns them into stars overnight. A.R.Murgadoss, most commonly addressed by his initials, started his career assisting director S.J. Suryah in Khushi. Soon after which he directed his first film, Dheena which starred Ajith in an out-and-out action movie. The film turned out to be a sleeper-hit at the Box Office. With his second film Ramana, Murgadoss brought out the angry common man, fighting the ill and corrupt society (which is going to be remade in Hindi as Gabbar, starring Akshay Kumar). But the film which made him a household name was Ghajini. Inspired from the Hollywood film Memento, Ghajini set cash registers ringing.
The elusive director went on to director 7am Arivu and Thuppaki. The latter proved to be a landmark film in his career. The director has also completed filming for the Hindi remake of Thuppaki called The Holiday, starring Akshay Kumar in the lead role. The ace director is currently flying high, donning the role of a producer. The film Raja-Rani which he co-produced turned out to become one of 2013’s blockbusters, and recently opened to massive box-office openings in the dubbed version in Telugu. The massive success of the film has paved way for a Hindi remake.
He is teaming up with superstar Vijay again after Thuppaki (Gun), and is in the process of filming his current project.
Before the commencement of a film, the title is registered and announced. But perhaps it is the first time that the film is titled during its making. And the movie which holds the record for so, is an ongoing project by Murgadoss. After much anticipation Vijay57 is now titled Kaththi (Knife). It’s ironic that both titles relate to weaponry. The titles doing the rounds earlier were Dheeran and Vaal, but the director himself, took to Twitter to announce the title for his latest project. Since the film is already the talk of the town, we list you 5 things to expect from Kaththi:
1. The winning combination of Murgadoss and Vijay. Vijay’s massive screen presence and huge fan-following packaged in a sleek action-thriller by Murgadoss will leave the fans asking for more.
2. It’s going to be a treat for Vijay fans as the actor will be seen in dual roles. He might appear as both the protagonist and antagonist.
3. Murgadoss teams up with a young musical genius for the first time. The current Kollywood sensation Anirudh will compose for the film. Considering that Anirudh is the youth icon here, it is most likely to have some peppy and youthful numbers.
4. It looks like the pretty actress; Samantha is the flavor of the season. She will team up with Vijay for the first time. Since Murgadoss always provides meaty roles to the leading ladies of his films. Samantha fans will not be disappointed.
5. Bollywood actor, Neil Nitin Mukesh has been roped in to play the main antagonist in the film, as opposed to Tata Roy, who plays one of the baddies.
6. The movie is set to release on Diwali. Having said that, it might even clash with Ajith’s untitled film with Gautham Menon.