The Baahubali franchise holds many records, which no other Indian movie franchise can boast of. Since the release of the first part Baahubali: The Beginning, Katappa killing Baahubali has become a national debate to which cinephiles across the country want an answer. The makers are ready to answer with Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, which releases on April 28. And they will be answering the question in style raising the standard of the film to a whole new level.
Here are nine lesser-known facts about Baahubali 2: The Conclusion that shows the standard and the anticipation level of the movie.
1) As of April 2017, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion's trailer has much over 100 million views on YouTube, making it the highest viewed Indian trailer on the website.
2) As of 2017, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is the second-most expensive Indian movie and was made with a budget of approximately INR 250 crore.
3) S. S. Rajamouli's epic war drama is also the first Indian movie to be released in the 4K HD format.
4) Baahubali 2: The Conclusion's satellite rights were bought by Sony TV for a whopping INR 51 crore even before its release, setting a record on its own.
5) A novel titled The Rise of Sivagami was launched in 2017, which is a prequel to both movies in the Baahubali film series.
6) Owing to its 5-hour-long final cut, S. S. Rajamouli had to release the movie in two parts.
7) Karan Johar considers Baahubali to be the Indian cinema's Avatar.
8) Both Prabhas and Rana Daggubati had to weigh over 100 kgs for Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, with Rana gaining 33kgs and Prabhas 20 kgs. The lead actors were trained by former Mr. World Lakshman Reddy.
9) It is said that Prabhas was paid over INR 20 crore for being a part of the Baahubali series, making him the highest-paid Telugu film actor.
Watch this space for more interesting updates about Baahubali franchise. Don’t forget to check out our review on April 28.