John Abraham and Shruti Haasan starrer Welcome Back is slated to hit cinemas next Friday (September 4th). The film is a sequel to the 2007, hit comedy – Welcome. Anees Bazmee has helmed this exciting project too, and his films are known to be high on entertainment. The trailer of the film has received a promising response from the audience, and people are eagerly awaiting its release. As are we! If the original blockbuster was anything to go by, this film will pack a truckload of fun. Here are some more reasons to watch out for the film next week.
1. The main plot of the film revolves around Anil Kapoor’s and Nana Patekar’s characters who will be seen leaving the underworld and starting a business of their own.
2. The chemistry between veterans Anil Kapoor and Nana Patekar was one of the highlights of Welcome, and going by the trailers of Welcome Back, they seem to bring the house down in the sequel, too.
3. John Abraham steps into Akshay Kumar’s shoes to play the lead, while Shruti Haasan replaces Katrina Kaif. Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, and Paresh Rawal are the actors who have been retained from the original.
4. The surprise casting in this film is that of Naseeruddin Shah. The actor is generally not associated with such commercial films so it’s a casting coup of sorts!
5. Welcome Back also marks the return of actor Shiney Ahuja who plays the role of Naseeruddin Shah’s son in the film.
6. The movie is extremely crucial for both its lead actors. John Abraham’s last release was Madras Cafe which came out in 2013. Even though the film was lauded by critics, it wasn’t very successful at the box office. With regards to Shruti Haasan, she is yet to make her mark in the Hindi film industry.
So, will the film outperform the original and be a much-needed hit for its leads? We’ll find out on 4th September! Till then you can watch the trailer here.
By Criselle Lobo