On Monday morning, we wake up to a pleasant news! Best known as Preeti Sabharwal of Chak De India, Sagarika Ghatge took us by surprise as she announced her engagement with Indian Pace bowler, Zaheer Khan on social media. We always knew something was brewing between the two, courtesy their hand-in-hand appearance in the Yuvi-Hazel wedding, and them going on dinner dates together. But waking up to the news of their engagement was quite a surprise. Suddenly, all the netizens are interested in knowing about this actress more. Here we give you few lesser-known facts about Sagarika Ghatge which we bet you didn't know about her.
1. It's general knowledge now, that Sagarika played a hockey player, Preeti Sabharwal (and nailed it completely) in Shah Rukh Khan starrer, Chak De India. But very few know that off-screen too she is a hockey player, in fact, she was the part of the National Hockey team. That was the reason she was chosen to portray this role in the film.
2. Sagarika belonged to a royal family. Yes! You read it right, Sagarika's father, Vijayendra Ghatge, who is also an actor and appeared in films and television, is a member of the royal family of Kagal. Her grandmother also belonged to the royal family of Indore.
3. Chak De India was her first tryst with success in Bollywood. But this role came at a very late stage of her career. Earlier she appeared in few films like 'Fox’, ‘Miley Naa Miley Hum’, ‘Rush’ and 'Jee Bhar Ke Jee Lee', but never got noticed. The role of a hockey player in Chak De India was her ticket to fame.
4. Sagarika has also tried her luck in regional movies and appeared in a Marathi film called Premachi Gostha in 2013 and a Punjabi film titled Dildariyan in 2015. But somehow things didn't work out for her in films. She was last seen in the sixth season of the reality show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’ and in the lead role in a Hindi film, ‘Iraada’ starring Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi , Divya Dutta and Sharad Kelkar.
5. Zaheer Khan and Sagarika have just gotten engaged and the next step is obviously marriage. The couple is waiting for IPL 2017, where Zaheer is playing for Delhi Daredevils, to get over and they will then zero in on their plan and dates for wedding ceremonies.