Apart from welcoming the summer by stocking a sun tan lotion, an umbrella and a pair of chic shades; one should also welcome the idea of being at par with the fashion trends. Yes, it’s that time of the year when you have to rev-up your wardrobe with summer-friendly clothes. Back in vogue, the crop top is this season’s most-preferred outfit.
After its popularity last year, the success with the crop tops continues this season as well; and it looks like this trend is here to stay. But this look isn’t entirely, an easy trend to carry. It is, of course, wearable but one has to follow several rules to carry it off – only because it might turn out to look like a cross between a shrunk tee and a saree blouse owing to its length. But these itsy-bitsy tops are a blessing in disguise as well, as these mini tees don’t just highlight your toned midriff, but they also lend an air of femininity to it.
Here are 10 rules to help you sport the chic top the right way:-
1. If you ever shy away from the idea of wearing these tops, you have an ideal choice of choosing a close-fitted crop top. You could team it up with a flowy or knee-length skirt.
2. The good thing about crop tops is, it can be complemented with a maxi or pencil skirt bottom, as the skirt adds volumes to the outfit. This also means you would look demure yet fashionable.
3. Add a desi-twist to your garment by choosing to wear a well-fitted sequined choli with a high-waisted lehenga. Bold and heavy jewelry are a big no-no for this look as it would make you look like a frumpy folk dancer.
4. Hesitant to show-off too much skin? Then opt for the loosely-knotted blouse which can be teamed up with a slouchy denim or a pencil skirt. This type of a top allows you to decide how much skin you would like to show. After all, the purpose of wearing a crop top isn’t entirely for showing off your midriff.
5. If you have a pear-shaped body, avoid heavy detailing on your top as it might make the detailing look overcrowded. A petite woman can experiment with this look as it adds an overall dimension to their respective body size.
6. A glamorous look works well with a sheer top; especially if you like to carry-off this lightweight fabric to showcase your svelte figure. This look works well with a chain-link bag or a cute metallic clutch.
7. Want to flaunt your toned legs? The best way to do so is by sporting a full-sleeved, high-neckline tee. This style of garment should be exclusively worn with a mini-skirt or ripped bleached denim shorts.
8. The key to mix & match is being able to balance the colors – that bottom should always be of a similar color tone. A grey top can been teamed up with a printed skirt and grey heels maintaining the color harmony.
9. Avoid over chunky jewelry, as this can ruin your entire look by taking away the attention off your garment. Add accessories like a palm ring, cuff earrings and balance the spunkiness of the garment with these cute accessories.
10. Avoid wearing highly embellished heels or beach-wear flats as this might give you a dreary look. Always opt for monochromatic colored pumps, sexy stilettos for a formal event and suede or sporty snickers for a casual look.
Always remember, there is nothing sexier than a woman confident in her skin and style.