Who doesn’t know Andy Samberg? The Saturday Night Live alum recently hosted the Emmy Awards, and boy, was he a delight! True to his SNL roots, Andy made and starred in a digital short made just for the show. Here’s an excerpt:
“It’s time for the Emmys and my resume’s postin’,
and I’m the only one qualified to be hostin’,
’cause I done watched every damn show.
And I’m white.”
Yeah, now we know why he got the gig. Check out the rest of the video here:
With help from Mad Men star Jon Hamm, Castle star Nathan Fillion and more, the comedian managed to get everyone chuckling with his innovative sketch. However, he did even better when he hosted the real thing. Here are a few of the best jokes from the evening, courtesy of Andy Samberg:
1. “I’m Andy Samberg. Justin Timberlake isn’t coming.”
2. “There are changes how certain shows are classified this year. Orange is the New Black is now technically a drama. While Louie is now jazz.”
3. “After the success of Better Call Saul, I’m sure Jon [Hamm] will be nominated for the upcoming Mad Men prequel- Dick Whitman: Horny Hobo.”
4. “Another change this year: If your speech goes on too long, tonight instead of being played off by the orchestra, you’re going to have to deal with the mean nun from Game of Thrones.”
5. “It’s been a year of goodbyes. This year we said goodbye to Mad Men and Parks and Recreation. And we also said goodbye to True Detective even though it’s still on the air.”
6. “I am honored to join the proud ranks of past Emmy hosts. Incredibly legendary people like…Robert Blake and Bill Cosby?! Oh no, I gotta get out of here!”
Take a bow, Andy. You earned it.