What an amazing year it has been for electronic dance music! From the modern sound of deep house to the fresh and exciting new tunes, 2014 has been a helluva year for EDM lovers. Even though they aren’t complete newbies, this year saw the rise of many underdog stars like Watermät, ZHU and Secondcity. All thanks to the dance music mecca Tommorowland for its massive line-up!
After 2013’s biggest hit Animals, Martin Garrix returns to rule the arena with Tremor, joining hands with Belgian heavyweights Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. However, The Chainsmokers hit the bull’s eye with their immensely popular track #Selfie, racking up over 250 million views on YouTube. The song became so popular that it wasn’t surprising to see the Namma Bengaluru version of #Selfie by Taxi for Sure.
Recently, Steve Aoki released the official video for Delirious (featuring Kid Ink). And it does not disappoint. Aoki shows us his usual quirkiness in the video. With some wild animation and a dash of standard Aoki-ness, Delirious lives up to its name.
Here, we have compiled the top 10 EDM tracks of 2014 so far. From techo and dubstep to deep house and beyond, this list has got it all. What is your favorite EDM track of 2014? Do tell us.
1. Dimitri Vegas, Martin Garrix, Like Mike – Tremor
2. Watermät – Bullit
3. David Guetta Ft Avicii & Sam Martin – Lovers On The Sun
4. #SELFIE- The Chainsmokers
5. Delirious- Steve Aoki, Chris Lake, Tujamo
6. ZHU – "Faded"
7. Alesso – Heroes (we could be) ft. Tove Lo
8. Ummet Ozcan – Raise Your Hands
9. Secondcity – “I Wanna Feel”
10. Galantis – Runaway (U & I)