Humor is the balm that soothes the troubled soul. Every time we have laughed, our worries have faded away. If you cannot laugh at the tragedy of life, there is no hope for a brighter, happier future. The world of movies has been especially helpful in that regard.
Do you often find yourself at a loss for words? In conversation, are you the one who has to struggle for words? Is “That’s what she said!” the funniest thing that you can say? Do you think that you need to improve your vocabulary? Then fret no more. Help is at hand with the “Handy List of movie quotes for you and your life.”
There are many quotes which can be used for various situations. Quite a few of them are scripted and some amazing ones have been invented on the fly, not the zipper kind, if you know what I mean. All you have to do is memorize a few of these quotes and remember to use them in social situations. You will then go from being awkward to suave and sophisticated (Results may vary, kindly consult a doctor and check your insurance before attempting to use)
Here are a few for your perusal:
1) “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn” – From Gone with the Wind. This quote is best used when you have been asked whether or not you have done your homework, assignment or project. Use with caution and a wink.
2) “I am going to make him an offer he can’t refuse” – The Godfather. Classic, this quote can be used for all the times you have to make a threat or if you have to beg on your knees for more allowance. All you ladies out there can also use this quote to great effect if you smile at your boy. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
3) “Here is looking at you, kid.” – Rick’s words in Casablanca gave us hope. To someday look into someone’s eyes and say these words. Or you can also use this quote to basically tell your opthalmologist that your eyes are working again.
4) “May the Force be with you” – Words of wisdom, from Han Solo. If you have faced down a terrible fate, or if you have to stretch for that topmost cabinet, this quote will stand in your good stead. Remember to extend your arm and clear your mind and speak these words. If it doesn’t work, you can always use a footstool.
5) “Are you talking to me?” – Taxi Driver’s best and most-quoted line. You can use this phrase in the middle of a traffic jam or even across a crowded room. However, do not use this line while arguing with your girlfriend or significant other or wife or all three of them at once.
6) “Bond, James Bond” – Use this line whenever you have suited up. Needs to practiced in front of the mirror while holding a gun (a water pistol also works.) Trousers are a must while mouthing these words. Along with a convincing English accent. It doesn’t work well in the Indian Vernacular, to be honest.
7) “Show me the money.” – The best way to tell someone that you would do something in return for that massive favor that they are asking of you. Remember to keep a bill of transaction. Helps when the tax season comes around.
8) “I’ll be back” – The Terminator had got it right with this one. Best to use this when you are leaving a party to get essential supplies. You might use a thick German accent for this one, or a thick German. Your choice really.
9) “I see dead people” – Okay, this one is a little bit of stretch, but trust me, you should use this while traveling in a lift. Works wonders in clearing out traffic.
10) “My precious” – Famous words from Gollum, to be used while talking about the latest phone, Xbox, PS console, laptop and not to be used while describing your better half. Or if indeed you are describing your better half, best not to do it with the Gollum laugh, cough and smile.
These are just a few of the quotes that can be used during the course of a day. The world of movies have given us tons more. More on those later. Let us know what are your favorite quotes and how you have used them in your everyday life.