It’s spring, and love is in the air. Along with pollen, smog, dust and the various noxious fumes that plague us city-dwellers. Never mind that, let’s talk about the season of love. During this time, most people go through various stages of anguish and pain, in their desperate attempts to find a suitable mate/ companion. Never fear, your handy list is here.
This is an easy-to-use set of movies which might help in ensuring that the girl or guy of your dreams gets ensnared. This list is to be used on the dreaded “Movie-Night” date. On this date , you and your significant other spend time having dinner and then enjoy a movie together. Now, nearly all of us guys are quite clueless when it comes to these movies. The following movies will do quite nicely in this quest:
1) Sleepless in Seattle: Ah, a classic romance movie. Before you guys start wincing, this movie is for the lady’s benefit. Starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, this film will ensure that you will get brownie points for being a sensitive soul.
2) Roman Holiday: A black and white film with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. This movie garnered Miss Hepburn an Oscar. Watch this movie and smile at the way these two marvelous actors create magic on screen.
3) Casablanca: A lovely movie about a tough guy and the girl who ditched him (to be precise). Before you skip this entry, I would to tell you why this movie is one of the best to watch with the girl of your dreams. Two reasons: The first is the line “Here’s looking at you, kid.” and the second is “We will always have Paris.”. Both of these lines, when said at right time, will instantly cement you as a suave gentleman in the eyes of your sweetheart.
4) The Apartment: Jack Lemmon and Shirley Maclaine make this movie an absolute treat. Jack Lemmon’s character represents the every-man, the ordinary guy, the guy-next-door, if you will. And that is what sells this movie. The notion that someone would give up the keys to fame and fortune for love is undeniably romantic. And ladies, all you have to say is “Shut up and deal!”. Watch the movie, you will get what that means.
5) Spanglish: This is the movie where Paz Vega melts hearts with just a smile. As you watch this movie, remember love transcends language.
These are just a few of the movies that can be used on this ‘movie-night’. There are many more out there. Just leave us a note or two.