Party season is almost here. Now, you don't have to feel left out if you aren't into parties
. Yes, this New Year's Eve, you can have a blast right at home. All you need is Bollywood and your choice of poison.
So bust out your chaar botal of vodka, and push play on the DVD player. This is a Bollywood drinking game that will make any movie night wild! So, what are you still waiting for? It's time to party, Bollywood ishtyle!
Note: This works best if you are watching a film that was shot in the '90s!
Take a sip when…
– Shah Rukh Khan's character name starts with an 'R'
– You see the Indian flag waving in a foreign land
– Two people sing a duet without even being in the same city
– You hear the Kuch Kuch Hota Hai theme play in the background
– Scantily clad white women appear as background dancers
– The hero grabs the leading lady's wrist
Take two sips when…
– Dramatic music plays during an otherwise somber scene
– Someone enters an empty temple and begins talking to the idol
– The story features siblings/twins who were separated when they were children
– There's a character called Ramu Kaka in the film
– When sex is depicted through odd symbolism (like two flowers gently touching)
– Someone says "Main tumhare bache ki maa banne wali hoon.
" or "Yeh shaadi nahi ho sakti.
If you're feeling especially bold, do a shot when…
– Someone (preferably an old melodramatic mother) sobs
– Characters are teleported to snow-capped mountains or fields mid-song
– Someone uses the word parivaar, sanskar or pyaar
– Entire outfits change during a song
– Someone makes a homophobic joke
– The actress has wind in her hair in a closed room
Beware: If you plan on following each of the rules, you might have to stop the game in the first 20 minutes of the film.