The introduction of our protagonist Santhanam is that of a mass hero; he dances to peppy numbers, is portrayed as an orphaned yet loving person to gain our sympathies, he flexes some muscles, jumps off a train and lands safe, jumps off a bridge and lands safe and not to forget, how he dodges himself from flying ‘Aruvas’ (Billhooks) in genuine Matrix style. By stating the facts, one must’ve figured how important a ‘mass’ entry has become as an identity for actors in Tamil Cinema, the same isn’t essential for all films. Especially films that launch supporting actors as solo heroes.
More in Film Reviews
- Irumbuthirai: Film Review – A Guaranteed Blockbuster!
Verdict: Arjun Sarja steals the show with his eerie performance. Writer and director P. S. Mithran has put together one of the most anticipated...May 11, 2018
- Kaamuki: Film Review – Love Is Blind
Verdict: A light-hearted film that is also thought-provoking. Director Binu S. embarks on a different trip after Ithihasa and Style with...May 11, 2018
- Ranangan: Film Review – A Gripping Revenge Saga
Verdict: A powerful family drama you shouldn’t miss. A man who is drunk with power and consumed with revenge can seldom...May 11, 2018
- Mehbooba: Film Review – Love Beyond Boundaries
Verdict: A perfect launch pad for Akash and Neha! Mehbooba marks the launch of Akash Puri and Neha Shetty as the...May 11, 2018
- Monster Hunt 2: Film Review – Bright, Cheerful, and Enchanting
Verdict: The adorable monsters are the scene stealers. Raman Hui's Monster Hunt was a record-breaking box office hit in China in...May 11, 2018
- Raazi: Film Review – The Real Side Of The Spy Business
Verdict: Meghna Gulzar and Alia Bhatt strike a brilliant combination. There is no shortage of movies based on India's battles with...May 10, 2018
- The Past: Film Review – Dark Secrets Come Back To Haunt You
Verdict: A spooky package of love, lust, and plenty of horrors. Putting us in yet another haunted mansion with plenty of...May 10, 2018
- Mahanati: Film Review – A Fitting Tribute to Legendary Actress Savitri Garu!
Verdict: A magnificent re-telling of the golden era of cinema. Mahanati is a bilingual movie, which is titled Nadigaiyar Thilagam in Tamil....May 9, 2018
- Hope Aur Hum: Film Review – It’s All Written in the Stars
Verdict: Sudip Bandyopadhyay makes a stellar debut with this feel-good family drama. Ad filmmaker Sudip Bandyopadhyay recently forayed into films with his first...May 7, 2018