The ‘Visa One Rupee’ offer has been a great success, and we thought we would share some information with you on how best to avail the offer. Every day, we begin the offer at 10:00am and the first 200 transactions who pay using a Visa debit card get 1 ticket at a discounted price of Re 1. This is subject to a limit of 2 discounted tickets per month.

We have seen the following redemption pattern over the last few weeks:

On weekends, the 200 tickets are generally snapped up within the first hour, sometimes even within 15 minutes. Also, sometimes the 200 tickets get blocked within a few minutes, but not everyone’s payment is approved by the bank, so some tickets may get released after a few minutes again. Having said that, if you are logging on post 10:30am, your chances of getting a discounted ticket are very slim.

On weekdays, the 200 tickets usually sell out by 12:00pm.

In either case, the best chance of getting the ‘One Rupee’ ticket is to try and book early. In case you do not get this offer, you can still avail the 20% discount which is available for the next 2000 tickets every day.

PS: A few customers have complained that if their transaction fails, they are not able to utilise the offer again on the same card. What actually happens is that the system takes 15 minutes to unlock the card, so if you try to book again after 15 minutes, you would be able to take the offer (subject to availability).

онлайн заявка на кредитную карту приватбанка универсальнаязаказать кредитную карту по почте без справокприватбанк кредитная карта платинумотправить заявку на кредитную карту без справок

Did you like this blog?*
How did you find this blog?*
What kind of articles would you like to read on the blog?*
Name:*
E-mail:*

1. xmen_wwe

August 20, 2010 at 10:12 am

This is fake… I tried thrice.. everytime my transaction got cancelled due to technical error at bookmyshow.. BookMyShow is a big big liar..

2. Gurpreet

August 27, 2010 at 8:03 am

i never get the visa offer in the exciting offers section. there is only one offer displayed and not of visa debit card offer. this offer seems fake to me as well.

• Jaelyn

June 21, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Hey, good to find someone who ageers with me. GMTA.

3. Web Team

August 27, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Hi Gurpreet,
    The Visa offer is available for redemption on the payments page only. Are you visiting bookmyshow directly or through a partner cinema site? Also, which cinema are you trying to book for?
    Regds
    Web Team

4. mani2604

August 27, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Well I tried only once this morning… It worked out for me..
    wanna see the screen shot of the transaction:-

5. Gaurav

September 10, 2010 at 6:45 pm

not at all…its an amazing offer…i used it nearly 3-4 times…BMS rocks!!

6. nithin

September 30, 2010 at 2:55 pm

coooooooooooolllllllllllllll…………
    its rocking i got endhiran for 200 in bangalore
    people are paying 2000 to 3000 for the tickets here!!

i love bms and this offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. nithin

September 30, 2010 at 2:57 pm

that to 2 tickets for 200
    i saved 3000 love u visa offer and BMS

8. Nitin

October 13, 2010 at 3:57 pm

This is an awesome offer and i have availed the visa offer on almost every occasions i wanted to. This is worth appreciating.. Thanks to Bookmyshow Team for rewarding the viewers with such amazing offers…I further request you to kindly continue with the offer.

One more personal suggestion: If you people can launch any membership card/offer for a regular viewers like me so that we may avail the benefits by becoming a lifetime member of the Bookmyshow Club.

Wish you all the very best

Thanks and regards

Nitin

• Louise

June 21, 2011 at 10:15 am

At last! Smoeone who understands! Thanks for posting!

• Alex

June 22, 2011 at 12:54 am

Superior thinking demontsarted above. Thanks!

9. Dadi Ganesh Kumar

October 14, 2010 at 1:59 pm

kindly let me know when can i get one rupee movie ticket

10. krithin

October 27, 2010 at 12:46 am

crap………. i login at 12 am and tried up to 1 clock …its howing the blow message ….
    Under Maintenance

We are upgrading our services. Please try again after sometime.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

crap book my show…

• Jonalyn

June 21, 2011 at 9:56 pm

That’s way more clever than I was expecting. Tahkns!

11. Rahul

November 5, 2010 at 10:56 am

I have tried many times on different dates mostly between 9:59 am and 10:30 am but never got through. Many times the message appears even after 10:00 am that it will open at 10:00 and close at 12:00 pm or the something like quota full for the day.. I tried a few times on a particluar date between 10 am and 1030 and saw the 2 messages within a time gap of few seconds. this seems to be marketing gimmick.

12. Vijay

November 6, 2010 at 12:20 am

Hey guys,
    It’s great offer. I got free tickets every time when I wanted. Thanks to BMS for such a great offer.
    I request to BMS to continue this offer for a long time.
    The person who could’t get the benefit of this offer for them I suggest to book ticket at sharp 10AM with high broadband speed internet. I am 100% sure you will have the free ticket.
    Thanks again BMS.

13. manoj

November 18, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Does this works for any visa card?

14. MAYANK GARG

November 24, 2010 at 8:44 pm

i do not know of visa debit card but ur citibank ” buy one get one free” is awesome…plz carry the offer for some more time..

15. pavitra

November 28, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Hey guys,
    I request to BMS to continue this offer for a long time.
    Thanks again BMS.

16. RAJESH

November 30, 2010 at 10:35 am

i tried to make use of the offer using my vijaya bank debit card.everytime it says a technical error has occured and payment couldnot be done.can any one of u say why this is happening?
    vijaya bank debit card option was not available so i used other visa debit card option.is this the reason for my transaction failure?

17. shahid iqbal

December 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm

i tried to book tickets but dont know what is the procedure of payment? and if possible plz help me to know the procedure of booking tickets and if i book tickets the conveyance charge will be deducted but i want to collect the ticket with my own then why should i pay for the conveyance?

• Jase

June 21, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Hey, that post laeevs me feeling foolish. Kudos to you!

18. sid

December 19, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hey VISA Debit card offer is amazing. I saved 300 bucks when I booked ticket this morning. Hope BMS keeps this offer running for long.

Good Work BMS…!!! Keep up the Good Work 🙂

19. RAGINI

December 21, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I frequently use this offer and very thankful to visa.. i can save up to 50 % on my 2 tickets

• Priest

June 21, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Your awsner was just what I needed. It’s made my day!

20. Srinivasa K

December 28, 2010 at 12:15 am

This Re 1 offer seems to be a scam for me till now. Have tried it n number of times and it has never worked. some or the other problem, your website gives a technical error asking to try again, but the card gets locked for 15 minutes and by that time the days quota is over. or within 30 seconds of 10am it says quota is over….oh and it wants me to believe it …. all marketing gimmicks …

21. arinmun

December 31, 2010 at 7:00 pm

I have booked atleast 10 tickets on visa Re 1.usually i do it dot 10 am with multiple browser open.hence i clicked it right and got the discoints.I only missed once due to my connection error at dot 10 am.Thx anyway for the offer.Would appreciate if it continues.

22. Terence Beale

January 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I have been successful in getting the “One rupee Offer” and very happy about it. Thanks and continue to keep this offer open.

23. ramya

January 8, 2011 at 10:40 am

VISA BLOCKBUSTER IS A FRAUD OFFER. THEY JUST CHEAT PEOPLE….SHAME ON BOOK MY SHOW…DONT PUBLISH FAKE OFFERS AND WASTE PEOPLE TIME….

24. SHILPA

January 8, 2011 at 10:44 am

i agree with ramya…visa blockbuster offer is one just crap….waste spending time with book my show…i wasted half a day for this crap offer…it will ask your card details apply offer and at end it will say pg error…when you try again it will not allow you…and after sometime it will say quota over….why to publish fake news to people…book my show should take proper action..it looks bad on bms….bms people also not responding properly when we call them…may be some internal dealings in bms..god knows…

25. SHILPA

January 8, 2011 at 10:45 am

visa blcokbuster is one crap…

26. BookMyShow Editor

January 10, 2011 at 12:43 pm

VISA Re.1 Offer expired on Dec 31,2010.
    VISA Blockbuster Weekend Offer is only for the first 300 Visa Qualifying Transactions made on any Promotion weekend days i.e Friday to Sunday, for the booking of (at least) one full-price movie ticket online on http://www.bookmyshow.com, will entitle the Visa Cardholders who made these bookings to get one free movie ticket in the same transaction, subject to “Offer Terms and Conditions”, “How to Avail offer” as well as under “General Terms and Conditions Applicable For Offer”. Suggest people to be early to cash in on the offer; opens at 10am sharp and lots of people rush and avail in the first few minutes.

27. B. K. Wadhwani

January 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Hey, from the first day of offer i started booking via book my show… watching movies is my best hobbies and because of this i saved not less 3k ,not bad at all … for making any internet booking we must have good internet connection with better speed ….

28. sanjay

January 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm

i never get buy 2 get 1 free offer for icici credit card.It always shows ‘technical error’.I think the offer is fake

29. Dheeraj

January 20, 2011 at 4:23 pm

This offers seems to be fake as I tried to book the tickets multiple times at sharp 10 AM but could not make it though I got the 20% discount once…These supporting comments are coming from BMS team only with different names…Check that comments from Vijay and Pavitra are excatly same..

30. anu puri

January 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm

i liked this offer very much and availed it many a times…..waiting for this type of offer again….

31. Jatin Kaka

April 20, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Would love to have this offer agn on BMS.

32. Eliza

June 21, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I thank you humbly for shraing your wisdom JJWY