You may hate him all you want, but you surely cannot ignore him. From weighing a swag-filled 90 kgs, to having the most viewed video on YouTube in 2012, this Punjabi munda has made it big. Although he was often told that his kind of music would never work in a country where music means Bollywood music, he believed he would make it work, and OMG he has managed to carve a niche for himself. He has not only given us some of the best foot-tapping hits, he has also shared screen space with personalities like Big B, King Khan, Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Urvashi Rautela. Yes, we are talking about none other than Aapka Apna Hirdesh Singh. Yes, we mean, Yo Yo Honey Singh. As the singer turns 32, it would be fun to look at some interesting facts about him.
1. In 2011, the Punjabi gabru released his first album 'International Villager' and put in all his money, a whopping $100,000 to shoot his music video 'Brown Rang' in Dubai.
2. It is said that King Khan's son Aryan is a fan of the artist, because of which Singh was asked to compose for Chennai Express. Honey Singh told SRK he'd give him the biggest hit of the year and yes, he did live up to that. We all loved 'Lungi Dance'.
3. On an episode of the famous show 'Comedy Nights With Kapil', Honey Singh shared that it was his observation of a kabaadiwala collecting empty bottles that inspired him to write 'Chaar Botal Vodka'.
4. His rendition of the song 'Dheere Dheere' sounds way different when compared to the original track. Apparently, a certain portion of the song has been penned by his mother.
5. The Desi Kalaakar has the BritAsia Best International Act 2012, to his credit.
6. Honey Singh is said to be the highest paid recording artist in Bollywood. According to reports, he was paid 70 lakhs for a track in the film Mastaan.
7. There is buzz about Singh being the inspiration for a character in an Indo-American film, The Spectacular Jihad of Taz Rahim.
The rapper has been away for a while but we hope to see more of him soon!