Basic Carpentry Workshop
At IKP-EDEN - Bangalore :
Timings: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm with one-hour lunch break (on both days).
Workshop fees are Rs 7900/-, which includes 1 month membership, worth Rs 3750/-, to wood workshop at IKP-EDEN. Fees also include the wood and other consumables required for the 4 projects.
Project 1: Breaking the ice : Make a small clock with rubber wood
- Introduction to safety
- Wood types
- Use a circular saw, jigsaw, sander, dremel.
Project 2: Execute a plan : Make a small shelf with rubberwood
- Use a circular saw, jigsaw, router, sander
- Cutting dados and rabbets for joinery
Project 3: Make your design with plywood
- Project 2 activities
- Assembly with pneumatic nail gun/screws/nails
Project 4: Working with solid wood : Make an object with pinewood
- Use table saw to square timber
- Mortise tenon join
- Half lap join
After you complete the workshop, you will be able to
- choose appropriate material for your project
- operate power tools safely and get accurate results
- design and execute small projects with wood yourself