Basic Theatre and Performance Workshop
For people with no prior theatre experience.
The workshop focuses on FUN with Theatre through experiential learning in an environment that is highly non-judgmental and open. This is a 5-Sunday program, post which participants become full time members with their theatre company.
Running successfully since 2003, they have completed theatre batches of BasicTheatre Workshops for 18 years.
Time: Sundays - 3 pm to 7 pm.
Duration: For 5 Sundays workshop Plus 2 Sunday rehearsal Plus Public Show.
Location: OT Studio, HSR Layout, Blore
Cost: Rs. 6,500
Post the workshop, participants put up a play in a public space post when they become full time members of their Theatre company. Basic Acting workshops began in 2003. It is run by the most experienced facilitator (Ranji David).
In their workshop, participants explore creation of an entire production, through creativity, experimentation, physical training, team work and self discovery while understanding the basics of theatre. It also focuses on physical and improvisational theatre.
This workshop process helps participants to overcome stage fright, inhibitions, push physical, mental and creative boundaries. It is an attempt to the discover self and understand working in teams using methods that are basic yet fundamental in approach. Workshop module includes
- An absolute fun-based learning environment.
- A reminder to break our internal patterns.
- Working on various physical and emotional language of expressions.
- Working with internal and external rhythms and patterns.
- Exploring physical, vocal, and emotional transformations.
- Working with characters and the process of characterization.
- Ensemble work.The 5 pillars of their workshops on which actors are trained:
1. A completely non-judgmental environment.
2. An absolutely non-competitive environment.
3. A place and process to unmask yourself and be REAL.
4. A place to explore and dwell deeper to understand working of the "internal compass".
5. Being creative and expressive, the fun way.
is going to be a wonderful experience.