How to Experience Art Critically
1. Is appreciation of the arts becoming more complex today?
2. How do we understand art within the 'commercial culture industry'?
3. What does it mean to produce art in the new public sphere?
4. How is Art circulated and received in our times?
5. How do new grammars of art change the accepted canons?
6. How does 'Design' affect us today? Is all art getting absorbed into 'Design'?
7. How do we distinguish between Design and Art?
8. Is the busy activity in the art world a sort of elitism or a mere reflection of the new economy?
9. Is there valid knowledge produced in the art world today?
10. Is Social Critique a function of Art?
11. Do the production and consumption of art provide any way to effect social transformation?
12. Can art be considered a soft power? If so how, where and for what can it be channeled?
The workshop is designed and led by Sadanand Menon, who is a nationally reputed arts editor, popular teacher of cultural journalism, photographer, stage lights designer and prolific speaker at seminars on politics, ecology and the arts.
Registration fee also payable directly as cash at Programmes Dept, Habitat World, India Habitat centre.
Contact no. 9910054022.
Email: [email protected]