Independence Day Special Ladakh Tour
Meeting Point-Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport,
Indragandhi Road, Humhama, Badgam, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190007, India
Sun 12 Aug, 10:00 AM
The peaks and plains, the glacier and rains, white sand and oceans or the greens and deserts; whichever be the destination, its aura has an appeal. What you need is the zest and zeal to visit these places, explore to the core and capture them in your shutterbugs. If you have that zeal then you are at the right place because they in Ghoomteraho not only ensure that you visit right places at the right time but also possess a no-compromise attitude in quality and hospitality. With humongous experience in the tourism industry, the emphasis is mainly on the best service delivery from their employees.
Possessed with the Enticing Himalayas and the Deep Blue waters, the coast and the cuisines. The urge to sweep the corners of the world and make others do the same unconventionally yet ethically was the funda. Thus they were born. Again, the world is not enough but to conquer it is your fantasy, they convert that into reality. So stop thinking and get packing. Ghoomne Chalo with Ghoomteraho.
Information on Ladakh
Geographic Location: J & K State, North India.
Population: 1.5 Lac
Area: 95,000 Square Kilometer
Terrain: Rocky desert, apparently inhospitable mountains.
Altitude: 3000 to 4500 Mts.
Weather: Summer: Very less rain, strong sun.
Culture: Similar to Tibet
Language: Ladakhi, Hindi, Urdu and English
Religion: Majority Buddhism - Minority Muslim & Fraction of Christians.
Accessibility: Overland from Manali & Srinagar in 2 days.
Direct flight from Delhi, Srinagar, Jammu
Regions: Leh, Sham Valley, Kargil, Zanskar, Nubra, Changthang
Distances from Leh
Airport/Hotel of stay: 3 to 4 Kms
Srinagar: 443 Km
Winter: Acute cold up to minus 45C
Manali: 474 Km
Kargil: 220 Km
Lake Pangong: 145 Km
Lake Tsomoriri: 220 Km
Nubra Valley: 120 Km
Avoid Acute Mountain Sickness
1. Take complete rest for the first 12 - 14 hours of your arrival in Leh. However, this period may vary with different individuals. You may feel you are perfectly fine, but even slight exertion can be lethal. Consumption of alcohol on the first day of arrival to Leh is strictly not recommended. However if you reach Leh from Srinagar your body gets acclimatized gradually, still, you have to take precautions and avoid exertion.
2. It is important to take one Diamox tablet (after dinner) a day prior to reaching Ladakh and again post breakfast after arrival in Leh (next day). However, it is requested to consult your doctor before consuming the same especially in case of any pre-existing health issues/especially allergy to Sulpha drug.
3. Your body should get used to the lower oxygen levels.
4. Please carry camphor balls with you, so that you can smell them occasionally in case you feel giddiness.
5. Please avoid eating too oily and buttery food as it increases the acid in your body creating nausea and vomiting while travelling. Do not eat junk.
6. Carry motion sickness tablets like Evomin etc. to complete your journeys without indigestion etc. all winter wear like thermals, Sweaters, jackets, gloves, mufflers etc.
7. Roads are full of curves and mountains, the road quality is average. So please be prepared to experience the real adventure.
8. Last Thing- The beauty is unparalleled with innumerable landscapes each one unique than the other. A visual treat in a thorough sense, so stay fit and healthy as you will be taking a plunge to explore the unexplored.