My Hikes - Kodachadri Trek
The Mookambika Temple in Kollur is quite near to the peak. It also acts as the favorite home for several endangered species of flora and fauna and thus it has the description; a biodiversity hotspot.
Whet your stamina to climb the tricky terrains on this 2-day trekking trip from Bangalore and reach the top of the hill where you will be able to grasp the enormous stretches of the Western Ghats. The plethora of natural spectacle in Kodachadri won't be ending. Visit Hidlumane Waterfalls on your trip in addition to your tour of Nagara fort as well.
Total trek distance:20kms.
One side: 10kms, can choose jeep for descending 10kms.
Level of trek: Moderate.
DAY 0:Take an overnight journey from Bangalore after getting picked up from the different pickup points as given below:
DAY 1:Once you arrive at the homestay early morning, freshen up and have quick breakfast and start trekking toHidlumanefalls first and later proceed further to the peak of Kodachadri.
- Explore the thickets and the panoramic views from the top.
- Descend after some time and reach the homestay.
- Have dinner and relax by the bonfire arranged.
- Retire for the night afterward.
DAY 2:In the morning, after breakfast, head to visit Nagara fort.
- Witness the ancient beauty protected well at the fort.
- Later, start your return journey to Bangalore.
- On the way, have a self-sponsored lunch.
Stay:Homestay or tented accommodation
Meal:Breakfast on 2 days, Lunch and dinner on DAY 1 (VEG)
Activity:Trekking, Waterfall and Fort visit.
Other Inclusions:Bonfire, First aid, Coordinator charges, Forest department permission charges.
Transport:Pick up and drop off at Bangalore and the transportation will be in a shared vehicle
Things To Carry:
- ID proof, Backpack, Sunscreen/cap, Track pants, Full sleeve cotton T-shirt (to avoid getting sunburnt), Torch (with extra batteries), Raincoat/Poncho,(during rainy season) Personal Medication, Necessary toiletries, Shoes with a good grip
Cost Excludes:Lunch on the final day, Participants who are unable to descend the trek can use the jeep access, by paying on their own at nominal prices.
Tour Type:This is a group tour.
8.00 Pm: Silk Board
8.15 Pm: Eco Space/Bellandur
8.30 Pm: Marathalli Bridge Junction
8.45 Pm Kr Puram/Byapannahalli Metro Station
9.00 Pm: Hebbal/Manyatha Tech Park Junction
9.30 Pm: Gorguntepalya Metro Station.