Nautanki Acro Yoga for Kids (Age: 13-19 years)
During this workshop, kids will learn the basic skills of Acro Yoga in a safe and fun environment while cultivating trust, playfulness, and community using games and partner counterbalances.
Benefits of Acro Yoga:
Muscle building and strength
- Acro Yoga helps the children to not only build their core strength but also helps to build the muscles of torso hind and forearms
- Of course, like all forms of yoga, stretching is a big component of Acro Yoga. Stretching would also increase the kid's range of motion and agility
Relaxation and increased focus
- Since it has an aspect of healing art it helps to coordinate mind by forcing them to live in present and removes other thoughts which contribute to the relaxation of mind and increase in focus
Learn how to trust
- Allowing someone to balance their whole weight on your feet requires a certain amount of trust. By progressing slowly with a partner you practice building trust. Conversely, this gives you the chance to demonstrate to someone else that they should trust you.
- When you are practicing with others in Acro Yoga, it is crucial that you communicate clearly and succinctly what you are feeling to your partner. They encourage people to consistently ask their partner "How are you doing?" What's really beautiful is that over time if you work with the same partner regularly you become very much in tune with their body movement and facial expressions. You will then make small adjustments together without much verbal communication.
- Practicing Acro Yoga is fun. It will make feel younger, happier and healthier. And kids love it too!
The workshop will be conducted by Rangaai Theatre Company, Mumbai's only immersive theatre company, and is for the age group 13-19 years.