The Civil Service Dialectics & Answer Writing
Dialogues Cafe, JP Nagar: Bengaluru,
3 rd Floor, 57, 15th Cross Road, JP Nagar, 6th Phase, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078, India
Fri 17 Aug, 07:30 PM
Mon 20 Aug, 07:30 PM
Wed 22 Aug, 07:30 PM
Fri 24 Aug, 07:30 PM
Mon 27 Aug, 07:30 PM
Discussion and reasoning by dialogue as a method of intellectual investigation.
Civil services has for long remained one of the most sought after career paths and rightly so. To a young aspirational Indian, the IAS is a 'heaven born service' untouched by patronage and bias in its recruitment. The three stage recruitment process is generally considered rigorous and gruelling. The general notion prevalent today is that aspirants cannot have a standing against the supposedly toughest exam in the world without a line of mentors, experts, coaching material and so on and so forth. An astute system is in place to capitalise on fears and angst of young aspirants. Coaching centres have successfully managed to create a menacing dependency pushing young minds to intellectual torpor.
Sunil Oberoi, an IAS officer of the 1984 batch aims to expose false beliefs about the exam and enable aspirants to elicit truth on their own. @DIALOGUES we aim to help aspirants form a coherent strategy individually in approaching this examination.
The entire syllabus has been broken down to 12 simple comprehensible sessions or modules.
General Modules (12 Sessions)
Sessions 1 and 2:
- Understanding the exam, syllabus and nature of questions asked.
- Busting the myths about the exam
- Discussion on Essay paper and choice of optionals.
- Understanding current affairs.
- Authentic sources for current affairs
- Indian History and Culture and National Movement
- World History
- Geography (India and the World)
- Disaster management
Sessions 6 and 7
- Polity, Governance and Internal Security
- International Relations
Sessions 8 and 9
- Economy and Development Issues
- Welfare and social issues
- Environment, Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change
- Science and Technology/ General Science
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
- Case studies
- Personality Test
- Life in the Academy.
- Recapitulation and Feedback
General Modules is a 4 week program and will be conducted at Dialogues JP Nagar on Tue, Thu and Sat. The participant can choose to attend a single session, Multiple sessions or attend the entire Modules.
1-session Fees : 1,500/person
12-sessions Fee : 15,000/person