India Football Tour
Q. What is a 5-a-side football format?
- A. 5-a-side football format is a miniature version of the beautiful game for a more relaxed and fun filled experience. It is played on a smaller pitch with a few noticeable changes like no offside and kick-ins instead of throw-ins
Q. How many members per team are allowed?
- A. A team should consist of 5 players on the field including a GK and 3 Rolling subs.
Q. What all is required for registration?
- A. A valid Government Id proof is required for verification of the team members on the day of the tournament. Examples of Id Proof - PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Company or College Id Card.
Q. How can I register my team?
- A. To register your team, log on to our website www.indiafootballtour.com.
Q. How will I get a confirmation of my booking?
- A. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you upon the completion of the registration process from IFT team. This can be taken as an official confirmation of your team to participate in IFT.
Q. What are the return/cancellation policies?
- A. Registration and cancellation requests will not be taken 2 weeks prior to city tournament date. Unless otherwise in a serious case, sole decision lies with the management.
Q. What is the last date to register?
- A. Registrations close 2 weeks prior to the city edition, for e.g. Delhi closes on 14th February and Bangalore registrations close on 2nd April, etc.
Q. Can I register if I am turning 16 in year 2016?
- A. Yes, IFT is a 16+ tournament. Anyone over the age of 16 as on the date of commencement of the tournament can be registered.
Q. Can I participate if I do not belong to any of the tour cities?
- A. Yes you can. The cities selected are a focal point for that region. Any team from the nearby region can register for that particular city edition.
Q. Who all can play?
- A. IFT is an amateur tournament. The tournament is ideal for college teams, corporate and a team of footballer who love the game of football. Professionals are strictly not allowed.
Q. Can women participate?
- A. IFT is open to everyone. Women teams/players are welcome to be a part of this footballing experience.
Q. Where can I get timely updates about the tournament?
- A. For regular updates regarding IFT you can find us at:
Q. Is there a dress code for the tournament? Shoes type, etc?
- A. Football jerseys and shorts are the preferred attire for a match along with studs or trainers. Bare feet game is not allowed for your own safety.
Q. What are the city venues ?
- A. IFT city qualifiers will be held across 8 cities to recognize the Regional Champions. We kick off on the:
27th Feb - New Delhi
12th March - Kolkata
19th March - Guwahati
26th March - Pune
2nd April - Mumbai
9th April - Hyderabad
16th April - Bangalore
23rd April - Chennai
Q. What is the time of the tournaments?
- A. The tournament will be held between 8 am and 8 pm, and on the dates stated above in their respective cities. The exact fixtures will be posted on IFT website in the lead up to the city rounds.
Q. How many times during the whole tour physical presence of the team and members is required?
- A. The team is required to be present during the main tournament day as per their city of choice. And in case the team are the city winners, they are required to be present for the national finals to be held at Goa. The dates for the national finals will be declared on the day of the city edition.
Q. Who is a professional player?
- A. Players registered with the topmost division of football in their respective city in the current season.
Q. If I miss the tournament, do I get a refund?
- A. Refund will be applicable only if we are given a 2 week notice. In case a team fails to make it to the tournament, no refund shall be given.
India Football Tour will travel across 8 major cities to pick the best amateur football team in of the country. Each city will host a qualifying tournament where the participating teams will be gunning to become the city champions and earn a place at the Tour Finale.
The Tour finale in Goa will see the city champions fight it out to be crowned as the best amateur football team in India!
Regional Winners Get
- A chance to represent the city at the national finals.
- All expense paid trip to Goa for the national finals.
- City based football kit with jerseys.
- Trophies and other exciting prizes.
National Winners Get
- 3 Lakh worth prizes
- All expense paid international trip for the team.
- A chance to represent India at F5WC-2017, Thailand.