'Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.' - Jack Kerouac
This monsoon season Carvan Trips would like to share the beauty of trekking
with everyone, and that is the reason they have tailored few lovely easy level introductory treks suitable to be taken up by both old and young. Come join them as they get ready in their hiking shoes, all set to tick off these trekking destinations off your bucket list.
Matheran is not just a hill station, but a range of mountains. Road and rail line are the 2 ways to reach Matheran hill station. But there is also one more way to reach the hill station and that is on foot by climbing the mountain!
There are several routes to climb, one such route starts from the back side of this range. The best part about this route is the view of a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains from all sides, well hidden from the tourist crowd, and can be seen only by the trekkers!
After climbing for an hour, a huge plateau opens up to the panoramic views of the surroundings. This plateau is known as Garbet Plateau. In the end, you are rewarded with a waterfall! Do jump in for a relaxing dip.
Maharashtra, is blessed with the beautiful ranges of the Sahyadris. The UNESCO declared world heritage site is rich in both Flora and Fauna. After the onset of the monsoons, the sight becomes truly breathtaking, the moist canopies make room for the winds to hurl in, and the opening to the valleys and forts gets covered by wild flowers, clouds descend to the surface to blanket the earth. The freshness in the atmosphere almost guts you to realization that sometimes it is necessary to escape from the concrete confined walls, out trekking in the lap of nature's unperturbed beauty still untouched by man.
If you are trekking for the first time, here's how you can prepare for it.
- Walk for 5 kms (non-stop), 1 week before the trek
- Run for 2 kms (non-stop), 2 days before the trek
- Rest one day prior to the Trek, eat well the night before and don't consume any alcohol.Includes
, Lunch, Transport from Bhivpuri to the start point and back, Expertise charges.
Excludes - Any charges not mentioned.Things to wear:
- Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please do not wear denims or formals.
- Good Quality Trekking/ Hiking shoes Compulsory (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please don't wear formal/ casual/ leather shoes and please ensure the shoes are of good quality and not old as to avoid wear and tear, especially of the shoe sole, during the trek.
- Wind cheater/ Water proof JacketThings to be carried by you:
- Water (2 Liters) Compulsory
- Food (Dry Snacks, Biscuits, Theplas, Parathas), Plum cakes, Fruits (Banana) for the Summit
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
- Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
- A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
- Personal Sanitary Kit
- Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
- A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
- Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant untill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomiting and risk to life.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there are high chances of raining.
- The food provided would be simple village food.
How transportation will be done: Transportation will be provided from Bhivpuri to the start point and back.
How to reach
For people coming by train - Catch a Karjat bound train starting from CST. Here is the time table (You miss the train, you miss the trek!)
04:48 AM - CST
05:06 AM - Dadar
05:22 AM - Ghatkopar
05:43 AM - Thane
06:57 AM - Bhivpuri RoadItinerary
07:00 AM - Meet at Bhivpuri station.
07:15 AM - Move towards the base of trek and have a small briefing session.
07:30 AM - Start the trek.
09:00 AM - Reach at the top and explore the plateau.
10:30 AM - Start descending.
12:00 PM - Reach at the base and enjoy the waterfall.
01.30 PM - Have lunch and return back.