* 2 Tickets lock would be there per transaction with respective email id / contact details on each booking.
* Differently Abled tickets:
Dear patrons, Chennai Super Kings have assigned some special seats for their valued differently-abled fans with wheelchair access. Please note these tickets will be available only at the box office counter in limited numbers on first come, first serve basis. The tickets will be issued only to patrons who show their original disability certificate at the box office. Seating will be available in the H lower stand.
Box Office Location : M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Box Office inside M J Gopalan Gate, Victoria Hostel Road, Chennai - 600005.
Time: 10 am to 6 pm.
Chennai Super Kings
With a purse of ₹8.4 crore, CSK entered the auction with a strategic mind and spent ₹5.2 crores to get two promising names on their side. Here’s a breakdown:
Players Retained: MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Deepak Chahar, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, Faf du Plessis, M Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Billings, Mitchell Santner, David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Tahir, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Harbhajan Singh, N Jagadeesan, Shardul Thakur, Monu Kumar, Chaitanya Bishnoi
Players Bought: Mohit Sharma (₹5 crore), Ruturaj Gaikwad (₹20 lakh)
[second para team schedule]
Chennai Super Kings is what every team in the league would aspire to be. Fierce, competitive and super-efficient. CSK and its leader MS Dhoni have on numerous occasions demonstrated their ability to get results whenever needed. The picture of CSK’s success gets clearer if one looks at the record books. It holds the distinction of making the most number of appearances in an IPL by any franchise (seven). CSK also ties with Mumbai Indians for winning the most number of IPL editions, 3 each. Despite missing out on 2 seasons of the tournament, CSK came back in IPL 2018 to win the trophy. Now that’s a story in itself. Players like MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin who have formed the backbone of the Indian National Cricket Team, have each player a prominent role in the tremendous success CSK has enjoyed. Two out of the three IPL trophies won by Chennai Super Kings have come in successive years (2010, 2011). They went on to play in the Champions League and won it twice in 2010 and 2014, becoming the only IPL team in CLT20 to win the title twice.
With a streak like that, Chennai Super Kings is bound to have made and broken some (read a lot of) records. Let’s take a look at some of them:
1. It’s the only team from the IPL to have won the Champions League trophy twice, once in 2010 and the second time in 2014.
2. 2010 was also the unique year when Chennai Super Kings earned themselves a title major, winning both the IPL and the Champions League in the same year.
3. Within only 4 years of the IPL, Chennai Super Kings became the first team to retain their IPL trophy for a second consecutive year when they won it in 2011.
4. A testimony to MS Dhoni’s connection with Chennai Super Kings is that he’s the only IPL captain who has remained captain of his team from the inception of the tournament to present day.
5. The distinction of winning the most numbers of Fair Play Awards is also held by Chennai Super Kings. CSK won it 5 times - 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014.
6. CSK’s former batsman Murali Vijay who played for CSK from 2009-2013 became the first Indian batsmen to score multiple IPL centuries.
7. In its 11 years of history, Chennai Super Kings is the only team that has never failed to make it to the playoffs.
8. CSK’s veteran and most dangerous batsman Suresh Raina holds the record for scoring the most number of runs in the IPL with 4985 runs. RCB captain Virat Kohli is closely tailing him at 4948 runs.
9. Suresh Raina also holds the unique record of the best bowling strike rate (1.50) when he took two wickets in three balls against Rajasthan Royals in 2011.
10. Legendary Indian spinner and CSK’s new member, Harbhajan Singh holds the record for bowling the most number of dot balls in the history of the IPL with 1128 dot balls.