2016 Sep 19
Lokopriya Bordoloi Trophy Tournament
Nehru Stadium: Guwahati,
DTRP, B Bariah Road, Ullubari, Guwahati, Assam 781003, India
2. The tournament is being organized in name of the legend personality of India and the former Chief minister of Assam duly Honored by the Govt. of India The Bharat Ratna and great freedom fighter Late Gopi Nath Bordaloi
3. The tournament is labeled as the blue rebind of football in the entire North East of India comprising of seven states:- Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura.
4. The football tournament was started in a modest way in Gauhati town Club, Ground in the year 1952, there from the tournament was shifted to the newly built Nehru Stadium in the year 1962, wherefrom it started attracting Football teams from all over India and neighboring country.
5. With the participation of Dhaka XI of Bangladesh in 1972, the tournament got international recognition, and later it was strengthening by the entry of Port Authority team of Bangkok in 1978.
6. The Bordoloi Trophy made its mark as a regular international football tournament of fame till this date.
7. With the newly laid top class turf at Nehru stadium for the recently held 12th South Asian Games at Guwahati, the 64th Bharat Ratna Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Trophy Football Tournament promises thrilling encounters for the football lovers.
8. Guwahati Football Club Sports Pvt. Ltd. (Guwahati FC) has taken the mandate of organizing internationally famous football tournament which was in the name of the great freedom fighter of the soil of Assam this year, in a big way to bring back the past glory of the tournament.
9. Every day there will be cultural show along with the match. Artist like Zubin, Suman, Babu, Priyanka would be performing.
10. Single day tickets are available at the Stadium counters.