Runbhoomi-Jungle Half Marathon-Mandangad
Q Are there any medical issues that will prohibit me from participating?
- A Participants suffering from any heart condition, diabetes, vertigo or any other medical condition which can be aggravated by prolonged physical activity are advised not to participate in this event unless a medical doctor states otherwise.
Q How do I register online?
- A By making an online booking through Instamojo payment gateway or our registration partner website Book My Show and providing all the requested details.
Q What is the last date of registration?
- A The last date of registration is 31st August 2016.
Q Can I participate in multiple race categories?
- A No, you can only participate in one event
Q There was a problem during registration. I have been charged but I did not receive a confirmation. What should I do?
- A You can send us an email to [email protected] with acknowledgement
Q I have made a mistake in one of my registration fields. How do I correct it?
- A You can send us an email to [email protected] with the correct details and we will update it.
Q Can I change my category once I have registered? For example, if I have registered for the Half Marathon, can I now change to a 5km event? Or vice versa?
- A No changes can be made once payment is done
Q Can I transfer/cancel my registration? Will there be any refund?
- A No cancellations are possible and registration fees are non-refundable.
Q Is there a minimum/maximum age for participants?
- A Minimum age requirement for Half marathon is 18 yrs and above, Dream Run- 10 yrs and above and Joy of Jungle - 6 yrs and above
Q Can I register manually (offline)?
- A You can only register online
Q Is there any Early bird offer or group discount for participants?
- A There is no early bird offer but group discount is available depending upon group size
Q Does the race have cut off times?
- A Yes there will be a cut off time
Q Are t-shirts available for all race categories?
- A Yes.
Q When is the Bib distribution?
- A Bib distribution will be on 15th October night
Q Where is the event going to be conducted?
- A The event will be conducted in Mandangad which is 180 KM away from Mumbai and 160 KM away from Pune
Q What will I get my in my Racer Kit?
- A Welcome Kit will be provided with all the necessary things
Q Will the timing chip be provided?
- A Yes timing chip will be provided
Q Are there cash prizes?
- A Yes there is cash prize for top 3 finishers of Jungle Run Half Marathon
Q Are there age categories for prizes?
- A Yes there are age categories for prizes
Q Will there be a baggage counter?
- A Yes Baggage counter will be provided
Q Is there parking at the venue?
- A Yes, parking for all kinds of vehicle is available
Q Whats the start time of the race?
- A Start time of the race will be at 6:00 am sharp
Q What will be the route map?
- A Runbhoomi is a jungle marathon, so route map will consists of rocky and muddy terrain
Q How many hydration stations are available and at what distance?
- A Hydration points around 2 KM and check points around 5 KM distance
Q No.of Medical Stations available?
- A There will be medical station available on each checkpoint
Q Will there be Medical Base Camps?
- A Yes.
Q Will fruits and biscuits be provided on the route?
- A Fruits will be provided at check points.
Q Will Mobile Toilets be available?
- A Yes Mobile toilets will be available
Q Will there be any signage board or volunteers available for direction?
- A The trail will be properly marked with ribbons and signboards with arrows
Q Will Refreshments or breakfast be available?
- A The cost of the event includes Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch
Q Will the finisher get the certificate, medal.?
- A Yes,all finishers will be given participation certificate
Q Is there any accomodation facility?
- A Tent accomodation will be available for all the participants
Q Is there any travel or transport facility?
- A Paid bus facility will be available on prior reservation basis
Q What will be the cost of the event?
- A The cost for Jungle Half Marathon is 3000, Dream Run is 2500 and Joy of Jungle is 2000.
Q What is included in the cost?
- A The cost includes shared accommodation (tents or School Class rooms with Sleeping Mats), water during the race (available from first day at base camp), food (15th October - Snacks, BBQ and Dinner; 16th October - Breakfast and Lunch), T-shirt, Goodie bag and Bib, Support Team, Medical Staff, Medical Evacuation Insurance, Local multi-lingual support staff, Complete digital photographs of entire race.
The cause for 'Runbhoomi Adventure Races - R.A.R' is the alarming climate change which is quite visible; immediate actions are needed to address and mitigate them. With R.A.R the effort is to conserve nature and spread awareness about climate change. A lot of expert organizations have been brought on board for this and R.A.R will further empower their efforts. By participation, you are pledging yourself to bring about a positive change to conserve nature and bring forth a dynamic change to help humankind.
The course contains 7 KM of a purely uphill run, after which you hit the jungle trails. Beautiful villages, scenic mountain trails, flowing rivers along the trail combined with varying temperatures and humidity will spur up the challenge!