Chadar Trek 2017
No shows scheduled for now
Whatsapp/Call: 9663287977 / 8335094161
Avail 1% discount on each ticket on online ticket purchase.
Chadar is more than a 1000 year old trail over a frozen river used by ancient traders of the Zanskar region to reach the city of Leh in winter. Chadar, which literally means 'Layer', refers to the veil of snow and ice that forms over the river. This is the only way in and out of the Zanskar Valley to Leh, when all other routes are closed due to massive snowfall in winter. Its a walk through time, a travel through history, fighting every moment with the biting cold temperature and solving the puzzle of the continuously shifting ice. A must do trek for those seeking adventure to the extreme.
The 3 batches for Chadar Trek in 2017 are as follows;
BATCH 1: 13th-22nd Jan '17
BATCH 2: 20th-29th Jan '17
BATCH 3: 27th Jan 5th Feb '17
Day 1: Arrival at Leh by flight and this day should strictly be kept for acclimatization.
Day 2. A photography day trip in and around Leh.
Day 3: Leh to Chiling by car (64Km/3hrs). Trek to Tilat Sumdo (3217m, 2 Km/1-2 hrs).
Day 4: Trek to Shingra Koma (3217m, 12 km/6 hrs)
Day 5: Trek to Tibb/Dibb Cave (3283m, 12.5Km/6-7hrs)
Day 6: Trek to Nyerak (3390m, 12Km/7hrs). This is the point of return for our trek.
Day 7: Trek to Tibb/Dibb Cave (3283m, 12Km/7hrs)
Day 8: Trek to Shingra Koma (3217m, 12.5Km/6-7hrs)
Day 9: Trek to Chilling and drive back to Leh. (14km/6-7hrs)
Day 10: Departure from Leh by flight.
Cost Detail: The cost for the above trek is Rs. 24,000/-
- Service tax.
- Pick-up from the airport on Day 1 and drop at the airport on Day 10.
- Accommodation: Stay at Leh Hotel/Guest House on Day 1, Day 2 and Day 9 of Trek and tents/camps on the trek twin share basis.
- Hiring charges of the vehicle for photography trip on Day 2.
- Transportation from Leh to the road head at Chilling from where the trek starts.
- All meals during the trek.
- Camping charges and permits.
- Sleeping bags and mats.
- Services of a Qualified and experienced Trek Leader to guide over the entire tour.
- Arrival at Leh and Departure from Leh.
- Food/Meal in Leh.
- The newly proposed Wildlife Fees and Environmental fees as being put forward by AHDC and ALTOA in case it gets implemented before your trek.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Personal winter and trek requirements like jackets, sun glasses, gloves and trekking poles and gumboots.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the included list.
- The cost involved to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.