focuses on 'fun with theatre' through experiential learning in an environment that is highly non-judgmental and open. It is a 5-Sunday program, post which participants become full-time members with the theatre company. This has been running successfully since 2003, with over 30 batches of Basic Theatre Workshops. It is run by experienced facilitator Ranji David.
Time: For 5 Sundays:3pm to 7pm
In this workshop, participants explore creation of an entire production through creativity, experimentation, physical training, team work and self discovery while understanding the basics of theatre. It also focuses on physical and improvisational theatre.
This workshop process helps participants overcome stage fright, inhibitions, push physical, mental and creative boundaries. It is an attempt to the discover self and understand working in teams using methods that are basic yet fundamental in approach.
Workshop module includes:
- An absolute fun-based learning environment
- A reminder to break internal patterns
- Working on various physical and emotional language of expressions
- Working with internal and external rhythms and patterns
- Exploring physical, vocal, and emotional transformations
- Working with characters and the process of characterisation
- Ensemble work
The 5 pillars of the workshop on which actors are trained:
1. A completely non-judgmental environment
2. An absolutely non-competitive environment
3. A place and process to unmask yourself and be real
4. A place to explore and dwell deeper to understand working of the internal compass
5. Being creative and expressive, the fun way