The festival is conducted under the aegis of the Mumbai Academy of Moving (MAMI) and is a platform that is shorthand for excellence in cinema. It celebrates the sheer pleasure of cinema, the joy it gives us and how much it enhances our lives. The goal is to nurture and ignite a passion for movies. The 18th edition of the festival will be held from 20th-27th October, 2016.
Terms & Conditions
- Delegate Registration for the Jio MAMI 18th Mumbai Film Festival with Star will open on 17th August 2016 and will remain open until 27th October, 2016.
- Registration inquiries and applications will only be processed during the official registration period - 17th August 2016 to 27th October, 2016.
- For Press Delegates, the submission of an accreditation form does not guarantee accreditation. The festival reserves the right to accept or reject an application.
- By registering for the festival, the delegate has agreed to comply with the festival`s participation guidelines, code of conduct and security regulations.
- Any breach of participation guidelines, code of conduct and security regulations, will result in immediate cancellation of the festival registration.
- A delegate must be 18 years of age or above. Please carry your valid Age proof (Passport, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID or Drivers Licence) at all times for verification.
- Festival badge will not be handed over in the absence of a valid photo identity proof (Passport, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID or Drivers License).
- Each delegate will receive a personalized festival badge with a unique barcode. One delegate cannot use another delegate`s festival badge on any occasion. Such usage will result in cancellation of the registration. Any festival badge that is used by any person other than the registration holder will be confiscated.
- It is mandatory for the delegate to wear the festival badge at all times within a festival venue. Delegates not carrying the festival badge will be refused entry to the venue by security personnel.
- In the event of losing the festival badge, the delegate will have to re-register for a new delegate card for security reasons. Lost festival badges will not be replaced.
- The Festival Badge allows access to public events and films screenings. The date, time and venues of these events will be available in a printed schedule in the festival bag. The schedule will also be announced through the Festival Website and festival`s official Social Media platforms. There can be changes to this schedule. These changes will reflect on the website everyday and also will be flashed across our social media platforms so please do watch out for such changes. Best efforts will be made to communicate any such changes to the delegates.
- For Half Ticket Public Screenings: The age group to register for the Half Ticket section is 5 - 17 years. The festival reserves right to deny entry if a valid age proof is not produced at the venue. One screen for Half Ticket is dedicated at PVR Phoenix Lower Parel on 22nd and 23rd October. The fee for each child is Rs 100. A maximum of two children can be registered under one Festival Delegate pass.
- Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony of the festival are By Invite Only events.
- The festival badge will not give access to these events.
- The booking for film tickets will open on 20th October. Every day, starting from 20th October, the booking will open at 8 am for the films playing over the next one day. A delegate can choose to book all the tickets for next one days, via online booking or at the festival venue booking counters.
- Delegates who have booked tickets online must arrive at the screening theatre, at least 15 minutes prior to the screening they have booked. Any delegate arriving later than that will have to wait in the Stand-by line, irrespective of the ticket booking status.
- The Festival movie schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. All schedule changes will be announced through the festivals website, official social media platforms and at the festival venues.
- Piracy is a legal offence. Any kind of audio or video recordings during the film screenings will be met with severe actions from the festival. If found guilty of any such activity, the responsible delegates recording device and festival badge will be confiscated. The delegate would not be allowed to attend any screening or event for the rest of the festival and would be black-listed for the future editions of the festival.
- Necessary government agencies will be roped in depending on the seriousness of the situation.
- The Festival Bag and Catalog fee, will not be exchanged or refunded under any circumstance.
- For security reasons, the organizers reserve the right to perform a security check on any member of audience at any point during the Event.
- Screenings could be cancelled/ rescheduled if discipline and guidelines are not met with any delegate.
- Organizers or any of its agents, officers, and employees shall not be responsible for any injury, damage, theft, losses or cost suffered at or as a result of the event of any part of it.
- Food and beverages will be available inside the festival. Any outside Food and Beverages are not allowed inside the festival.
- Catalogue once purchased cannot be exchanged or refunded.
About Movie Mela
- Please note that you need to be a registered delegate of the Jio MAMI 18th Mumbai Film Festival With Star to gain entry to the Movie Mela. Incase, you are not a registered delegate of the festival , please register yourself at the venue on the Movie Mela event day.
Q. How do I register for the festival?
- A. You can register online at BookMyShow. On-ground registration will open on October 20, 2016 and will go on through the duration of the festival.
Q. How do I collect my festival badge?
- A. The festival badge will be available at your selected badge pickup venue. The badge pickup dates and timings will be announced closer to the festival dates.
Q. Can someone else collect my festival badge on my behalf?
- A. No, each delegate needs to personally collect the festival badge.
Q. Do I need to carry any documents or email proofs for picking up the festival badge?
- A. Yes, please present the following at the registration desk to collect your festival badge:
The electronically generated confirmation email/SMS
A valid photo identity card (Passport, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID or Driver`s License).
The festival badge will not be handed over in the absence of a valid photo identity card.
Q. What if I lose my festival badge?
- A. Delegates who have lost the festival badge will have to re-register for a new festival badge for security reasons. Lost festival badges will not be replaced. Any misuse or sharing of festival badge is strictly prohibited and the management holds the right of admission for such delegates.
Q. How do I attend a film screening?
- A. You need to book your seat for each film screening that you want to attend using your unique festival badge number. The seat can be booked as follows:
Online - through BookMyShow
On ground - At the booking counters at each festival venue
Please note that all seat bookings are subject to availability. You can book a maximum of four seats in a day.
In addition to booking a seat, you must be seated in the theatre, at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the screening.
Q. Do I need to book seats for each film screening separately?
- A. Yes, you need to book seats for each film screening separately. Please note that all seat bookings are subject to availability.
Q. How many film screenings can I book in a day?
- A. You can book a maximum of four film screenings in a day.
Q. When can I start booking my seats for a film screening?
- A. Booking for each film screening will open a day prior to the screening at 8 am. You can book online through BookMyShow or offline at the booking counter at each festival venue. Some seats will be reserved for first come, first serve walk-in bookings at the venue so you can try using that facility.
Q. Can I change or cancel a booking?
- A. You cannot change one booking into another. However, you can cancel a booking and then book another seat. Please note that the new booking you make post cancelling an existing one, will also be subject to availability of seats. All bookings need to be cancelled at least 1 hour prior to the start time of the screening.
Q. There may be chances I miss the film because seats are not available?
- A. Yes. However the festival usually takes this into consideration and tries to schedule multiple screenings of a film. In case of being unable to book a particular film screening, you can do one of the following:
Refer to your schedule booklet to see an alternative screening date and book in advance.
Check online for sudden availability due to cancellations.
Arrive much before the screening to check if walk-in seats are available at the venue or if there have been any cancellations.
Wait in the Standby line for that particular screening. In case of no-show by delegates who have pre-booked, the seats will be allotted to the people waiting in the Standby line on first come, first serve basis.
Q. What do I do if the screenings I want to watch have no pre-booking option available?
- A. You may want to check for an alternative show for the same film.
Q. What is a Standby line?
- A. It is the wait-list queue of delegates who do not have a pre-booked seat for a particular screening. At every screening, delegates who do not have a booked seat for a particular film can queue up in the Standby line. They are allowed entry into the screening subject to the availability of seats, 5 minutes prior to the screening. The entry is given on first come, first serve basis.
Q. Is there free seating once I book seats for a particular screening?
- A. Yes. The seating is free and would be on a first come first serve basis. Should you require any assistance, our ushers would be happy to assist you.
Q. Do I need to come early to the venue despite booking a seat? At what time should I reach for a screening?
- A. Yes, all delegates with booked seats must be seated in the theatre at least 15 minutes prior to the screening. No delegate would be allowed entry post this, even if there are vacant seats. Entries beyond this time will be up to the discretion of the festival management and delegates who have queued up in the standby line with the intention of watching the film may be permitted to fill your seat.
Q. What if I am late despite having a booked seat?
- A. You need to be seated 15 minutes prior to the start time specified for the screening. In case you are late and you fail to do so, the booking will be considered as a no-show and will be opened up to the delegates in the standby line. If you know in advance that you will not make it in time for a screening, you can cancel your booking at least 1 hour before the start of the screening. Alternatively, you can wait in the standby line and depending on availability of seats you will be allowed to enter the screening. The screen doors will be shut at the start of the screening and any delegates arriving later than the commencement of the screening will not be permitted in.
Q. If I have a festival badge but no booking can I be allowed to stand or sit in the aisles of the screening hall?
- A. No. The festival and festival venues strictly comply with all measures of public security and safety. It is against the Government safety regulations to allow audiences to sit or stand in the aisles of the screening hall.
Q. What if due to some reasons, the film for which I have booked for is cancelled / rescheduled. Am I allowed to use the same booking for the rescheduled time slot?
- A. Although the festival aims at ensuring that such instances do not occur, in such a case you will be required to make the booking again. Each booking bears details unique to each specific screening and the festival badge holder.
Q. Where can I get all the information about cancelled film screenings?
- A. These changes will be reflected on our website everyday and also will be flashed across our social media platforms so please do watch out for such changes. Any such information will be made available at the registration counters and wherever possible, in the daily bulletins. Best efforts will be made to communicate any such changes to the delegates.
Q. Can I watch the Opening and Closing films with my festival badge?
- A. Yes of course! Kindly refer to your screening schedule for details.
Q. Can I attend the Opening and Closing ceremony with my festival badge?
- A. Entry for the opening and closing ceremony is by invite only.
Q. Do the venues allow me to carry a laptop / Camera / iPad?
- A. You may choose to carry such photo capturing and recording devices to the venue, however please note that no such devices will be permitted inside the screenings. Any wrongful acts or recording of any screenings is liable for strict action by the festival management team and is a criminal and punishable offence.
Q. How do I attend the Movie Mela?
- A. Your festival badge will allow you entry to the Movie Mela. If you haven`t registered yet, you can register at the event venue by just visiting the registration desk.
Q. In case of a problem whom can I contact?
- A. You can contact a festival staff member or a management member to assist you with your query. The festival has a help desk at each venue for delegate assistance. Subsequently you can [email protected] with any grievances that you may have.