Effective & Last updated May 25, 2018
Bookmyshow respects your privacy and recognizes the need to protect your personal information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, financial information, and telephone number) you share with us. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our web sites and applications.
In general, you can visit Bookmyshow without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
A transaction on Bookmyshow is to be conducted by persons above the age of 18 years only. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not allowed to make a transaction in Bookmyshow. It is the duty of the legal guardians of all persons below 16 years of age to ensure that their wards do not make a transaction without their supervision on Bookmyshow. It shall be automatically deemed that by allowing any person below the age of 18 years to transact on Bookmyshow, their legal guardians have expressly consented to their use and we disclaim any liability arising from your failure to do so.
We may collect your personal data when you:
- a) create an account with us or
- b) otherwise provide us with your personal data to us or
- c) use of any related services connected to Bookmyshow or
- d) participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you; or
- e) complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (ex: email)
When you access Bookmyshow, we will automatically collect your computer data, which may include
- a) browser type
- b) IP address
- c) language
- d) operating system
- e) cookies and the ID and location of your device
- f) the state or country from which you accessed Bookmyshow
- g) the pages/videos you view
- h) length of time spent on pages/videos
- i) the services you use and the manner in which you use such services (e.g., the content you access, view, click on, search for, transact etc.)
- j) the date and time of your visit
- k) metadata, logs files, error logs
- l) other geographic and demographic information; and
- m) other hardware and software information.
- n) which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
This computer data is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve Bookmyshow, the services we provide and to enhance your experience by providing you with better services and benefits that you shall be entitled to.
To the extent that such computer data is maintained in a manner that identifies your name or contact information, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, such computer data will be treated as non-personal data.
The personal data we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies and third party service providers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- a. creating or maintaining any account or profile you may have with us
- b. to track your activity on Bookmyshow
- c. verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to any payments or transfers you make
- d. carrying out research and analytics on our users’ demographics and behaviour
- e. to personalise and/tailor any communications that we may send you and provide you with products, services or information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us or have expressed an interest in
- f. to personalise and enhance user experience
- g. determining and verifying your eligibility for certain marketing or transaction events and other features of Bookmyshow
- i. communicating with you in relation to your account and alerting you to the latest developments
- j. to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into for fraud screening and prevention purposes
When you register an account or otherwise provide us with your personal data, we may also use the personal data to send to you marketing and/or promotional materials about us and our services from time to time. You can unsubscribe from receiving the marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
We as an intermediary are responsible to facilitate a transaction between you and the ultimate event organiser, cinema theatre and/or other entertainment provider so as to enable you to book a ticket for an entertainment event, movie, sport etc. For us to be able to facilitate this transaction and otherwise fulfil our contractual arrangements with these ultimate entertainment providers, we may have to share your personal data with them so that they are able to verify the accuracy of the information you have shared with us while issuing your valid entry/ticket, to provide you with services and benefits that you may be entitled to and to conduct their own analysis.
Bookmyshow and its services may contain links to third-party websites, including identity verification and social networking websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites or services to which we link. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or services. The personal data you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by our Privacy Statement. We strongly encourage you to read such third parties’ privacy statements.
We may share:
(a) your personal data with any person or entity where we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- (i) comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process.
- (ii) produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- (iii) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Bookmyshow or others;
- (iv) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
(b) personal data about our visitors, customers, or former customers with the following types of companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- (i) Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers, fulfilment service providers, payment processors, data processors, customer/support services, etc., and/or
- (ii) Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking/payments/facilitating financial transactions.
In sharing your personal data with such parties, we will reasonably endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal data only for as long as they need your personal data to achieve the abovementioned purposes.
If any disclosure of your personal data involves the transfer of your personal data by Bookmyshow out of India, we will take steps to reasonably ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal data that is comparable to the protection under India’s data protection laws.
We have implemented reasonable security arrangements including physical, administrative, technical, and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal data. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use industry standard PCIDSS technology to guard your information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event where you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately.
It is your responsibility to protect any passwords you require to access your account, on Bookmyshow. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your password with anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and other information submitted to us. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password.
You undertake to treat your password and other confidential information in relation to the use of Bookmyshow and its services confidentially, and we disclaim any liability arising from your failure to do so.
You may update any of your personal data we possess by contacting us at [email protected].
You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal data for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- a. mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- b. for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our customer grievance officer as follows:
- By Email: [email protected]
- By Mail: Customer Grievance Officer
- Bigtree Entertainment Private Limited.
- Ground Floor, Wajeda House, Gulmohar Cross Road,
- Andheri West, Mumbai 400049
- For the purposes of the GDPR, our Customer Grievance Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within a reasonable period.
- If you are in the European Union, you can choose to instead lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA).